Asus P7P55D EVO A1/A2 RAM slots not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hello
I've heard a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of problems with Asus P7P55D EVO

The problem that I have is that if I install anything on A1, the system won't even post

If I install RAM on

B1/B2 & A2 the system boots

I run MemTest and it tells me I have 3 Slots with 2GB of RAM

Slot 0
Slot 1
Slot 2

I run CPU-Z and it's the same thing

I already tried with Corsair DDR3 1666Mhz and OCZ DDR3 1333Mhz

I would appreciate your help, should I RMA this board and hope the new one works?

When I RMA a motherboard I am 10 days without computer, so that's not something I'm dying to do

I live in Orange, CA, and I wish they would sell 8GB of DDR3 ram in 2x4GB

Everything is 4x2GB

I tried MicroCenter and Fry's

Another idea will be to first buy a Triple Channel motherboard, and then RMA the old Asus P7P55D EVO, which is still under warranty

My questions are
1) Any solutions to my problem that don't involve a RMA?
2) DO you think RMA will give me a brand new mobo that still has the same issue?
3) Are Triple Channel Motherboards worth it? Are they too expensive?

I already have Corsair DDR3 @ 1490Mhz with 6-7-6-20 timings, that's as low as they go
Original timings are 7-8-7-20 @ 1600Mhz

Solution
Yep, if your known good RAM doesn't work in either of the A slots then sounds like entire channel is fried. Make sure there isn't a setting in your BIOS to utilize both channels of RAM. If it is truly fried then your only option is to either buy bigger RAM sticks (expensive) or just buy a new mobo for $80. But yeah, that sucks sorry.

"Advice provided by Jade at www.customconnected.com "

jpg1784

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Take one KNOWN good stick of RAM and run MemTest with that ONE stick in each slot, so you would have to run it multiple times. Figure out if you actually have a dead slot or if one of your 4 sticks is just kind of bad. You should always run it one stick at a time for the best results. If you do figure out you have a bad slot you will have to either return to retailer or RMA, depending on the price you can always buy a new cheap board to use until the new one comes and then just sell that one on ebay.

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Well the issue is that if I run test in slot B1 I guess it works
on slot B2 I guess it works

on Slot A2 the system will not detect any RAM, 0MB of RAM

on Slot A1, it won't even post

I already tried with two brands of RAM

The main problem is that I've heard bad things of this motherboard, but I guess the ONLY solution will be to buy another mobo

jpg1784

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Yep, if your known good RAM doesn't work in either of the A slots then sounds like entire channel is fried. Make sure there isn't a setting in your BIOS to utilize both channels of RAM. If it is truly fried then your only option is to either buy bigger RAM sticks (expensive) or just buy a new mobo for $80. But yeah, that sucks sorry.

Solution

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009

Awesome

They have one open box at $123 at Microcenter.

I can buy that one and then RMA my current motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.