dwwin.exe failure error when shutting down or restarting W..

PAL

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002

For almost a week I have been getting an error box that says dwwin.exe failed
error and I can barely get it read because it flashes so fast. I have not
been able to figure out what this is or how to fix it.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks,
Pal

Well here's what it is. You might check Event Viewer for errors.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/satech/cer/GettingStartedMNU.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Pal" wrote:
| For almost a week I have been getting an error box that says dwwin.exe
failed
| error and I can barely get it read because it flashes so fast. I have not
| been able to figure out what this is or how to fix it.
|
| Any help would be so appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Pal

PAL

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002

Hi,
I read that webpage you directed me to and now I understand what it's for
but I am still unsure about how to fix the problem. I read something about
deploying CER policies and it was talking about the inf file but it does not
explain how to find this information. It's like it assumes you know where
they are referring.

I figure there must be a way to fix this but I need more help.

Thanks,
Pal

"Pal" wrote:

> For almost a week I have been getting an error box that says dwwin.exe failed
> error and I can barely get it read because it flashes so fast. I have not
> been able to figure out what this is or how to fix it.
>
> Any help would be so appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Pal

robertsd

Just got 5 new Vostro 1500's out of the box with the same problem. You can either wipe it clean and reinstall everything or you can just remove the Google Desktop. Google Desktop removal did the trick on all 5 of mine.