Power Supply: Ultra X4 850 watts
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
RAM: Corsair XMS3 6 gb. kit - 3 X 2 gb.
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM
CD/DCD Drives: 2 x Liteon DVD/CD writer
Motherboard: Intel DX58SO LGA 1366
CPU: Intel i7-930 2.80 ghz LGA 1366
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 5850 1 gb. PCIe

Please let me know if all parts are compatible with each other, and how well this will work for gaming and video editing. Thanks in advance.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
All the parts are compatible, but I would make several small changes.
The H50 is an overpriced part; many air coolers perform as well or better for less money. Take a look at a few of these. The Sniper is a great case and fitting a large cooler will be a breeze.
The PSU is overkill. I suggest a Corsair or XFX 750W, or even 650W.
The soundcard is unnecessary, unless you're a true audiophile. Today's motherboards have sufficient onboard audio for most users, including gamers (although I wouldn't recommend an Intel board).
I suggest getting this set of RAM over the Corsair set. Great brand, CL7, 1600MHz for $175.
I also suggest getting a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB if it's in stock, in place of the WD Black. If it's not in stock, get the Seagate 7200.12 1TB. Both are based on the newer 500GB/platter design, so they run faster and more efficiently than most WD drives, including the one you listed.
I don't see the point of getting two burners, but perhaps you have some other purpose for that.
Again, I wouldn't get an Intel board. Consider Gigabyte and ASUS.

The i7-930 + 6GB RAM + 5850 is the way I'd go for a gaming rig ATM, if I felt the need to build one. It won't have any trouble with video editing either.