Compdude and the saga of the 900mhz celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Well, it all started when I purchased the 900 mhz celeron system on here from Compudude. One day after I got this PM from Globe111
Grub, did you really buy this computer, and if yes, did he ship it to you....?

I'm trying to see If this guy is trustworthy, because 2 days ago I sent him the money for the same pc (via pm) and now I learn that you bought it,

please let me know asap,

thanks.
The bells went off in my head, but I thought..."well he probably got a little greedy and is trying to make some extra money, as long as he sends us both a computer, what do I care". Then I got this message:
Now he is telling me that maybee he is selling the duron to you, and he said that he will ask you, and get back to me...
At this point I got really nervous...A duron was not what I had bought. If he was going to substitute parts he should let me know. I started to PM him trying to ask him what happened, but to no avail. I PM'd him three times with zero response. I called my Mother-in-law to see if she recieved the computer...not so much as a floppy disk had arrived. Its been 10 days since I paid for the computer. THat's ample time to get it shipped to its destination.

I wanted to handle this from a PM and emails, but if the guy won't even contact you...what are you supposed to do. I don't like smearing someone, but I know he has other deals offered on this boards and I would hate to see someone get burned. Mastercard is getting my money back, but if I'd used Western Union or money order, I'd be out of luck. Just be careful when buying on here. The only time I do it is for small dollar amount items. Online retailers are the best way to go IMO.

It's all Bush's fault

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
man, i didnt want to see this post:( i bought the p3 733 he was selling a few weeks ago, i sent the money by paypal, been a few weeks and no puter, i email him and he said he would ship out another to me as he had a few of these, been over a week now and still no puter and no reply to my numerous emails....bummer....

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Now you guys KNOW why alarm bells went off over this guy and his 30 gig drives. My SpiderSense was screaming on every post.

=== Never assume ANYTHING ===

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
dOOd..why didn't you tell us you had extra sensory powers? I think I can sue you under the good Samaritan law.

"Judge, his spider sense was tingling and he neglected to inform us"

It's all Bush's fault

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
DooD, don't you think that I spoke up at the time? Go back and read that thread!

"Your honor, there was nothing I could do to save them. They were like a mob howling for fresh blood!"

:)

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Sorry, but I don't live down the street from him, kinda ruling out physical intervention. And, although I have numerous mental powers, telepathic attack and telekinesis aren't on the list, kinda ruling out mental intervention.

What I COULD do was post my reaction to his posts about the 30 gig drives for sale. You know, where I spoke up and said that I, for one, didn't trust a guy who wouldn't take 30 seconds to jot down and post a drive model number, even though our exchange of posts went on for several days. He got very defensive about it, but never did post any meaningful info about the drives. They turned out to be real (at least in part), so maybe I scared him off, that time. BUT, it should have been a warning to you all. An honest person would have come right back with the drive model number and specs. ESPECIALLY since he's listed as 'Stranger" in these forums.

So take it for what it's worth- next time I speak up like that, PAY ATTENTION. No flame on you, dOod, it happens even in the best of places. About all we can do is to look out for each other and NEVER be hesitant about posting bad news- it may save someone else's butt!

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
And, although I have numerous mental powers,

You can be [superhero music} SHOPPING MAN!!! Faster than a speeding mullet, more powerful than a pack of charging chihuahuas, able to leap upon a recliner in a single bound...look! eating my pie, its a nerd, its a flamer, no its SHOPPING MAN!!!

It's all Bush's fault

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
well the hard drives were as promised and shipped quick, the puter was a different story, first one never showed and the second one has been shipped with paypal being notified of the tracking number, so we will see when it gets here, i have no doubt it will arrive, just a question of when, compdude emailed me and said its been hectic at his workplace, i can identify with that, mine has been too...so time will tell...i will post more as it happens.....

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Uh...NAH!

While this IS Halloween season, I think I'll skip the tights, in the interest of public sanity (or safety or something). And the cape would get tangled in all the cables around here.

Tell ya what, you can just IMAGINE that I'm wearing 'em :p

=== SHOPPINGMAN!!! Never assume ANYTHING ====

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
I agree. We'll see. If I were you, I'd go over that thing with a microscope and verify every component, but that's just me...

BTW, did you verify the tracking number with the shipper?

=== SHOPPINGMAN!!! Never assume ANYTHING ====

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
well paypal still has no notification of a resolution, tracking number or anything else yet, will wait to see what monday brings....(looks in mirror to see if SUCKER is written on forehead)

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
i got the usps delivery confirmation number today, it is on the way, how about the 900? you guys get that worked out?

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Nope...haven't heard from him for about two weeks now. I'm going to give it to the end of this week and then I'm going to take further action.

It's all Bush's fault...all of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS