Closed

How to access windows when it is locked by administrator password

Tags:
  • Security
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
December 14, 2012 1:15:21 AM

Hello,
how do you access windows XP when there is no way to locate password. Administrator

More about : access windows locked administrator password

a b 8 Security
December 14, 2012 12:23:23 PM

Talk to whoever setup the password or got you the computer. If the computer actually is Locked by the administrator account, just turn off the computer and log on to whatever account you normally use.
Score

Best solution

December 15, 2012 11:34:00 AM

You won't get help to bypass passwords on Toms Hardware forums. It's against the rules to ask for that kind of help. Hope this helps :D  .
December 24, 2012 11:24:57 PM

Best answer selected by copd57.
Score
December 24, 2012 11:36:30 PM

The Stealthinator said:
You won't get help to bypass passwords on Toms Hardware forums. It's against the rules to ask for that kind of help. Hope this helps :D  .

Sorry aboutthat and it was actually the best answer. It made me realize the importance in phrasing a question. I nvereven thought about the security aspect. I will rephrase it and then maybe you could tell me if it would be all right to post this way. I had a friend of mine give me and old XP pro. I tore it all apart cleaned it up, cleaned it with a fcrtory restore crdon the inside. Never once realizing the admin lock would be reacvtivated. I know one of the "F" series keys will access the bios but I can't find out which. There ia an entry, as you well know, that will unlock all passwords to be reset. If this is not the proper wat to repeat the question then I will contact Microsoft or take it to a repair shop. Thanks a lot for correcting me. I really do appreciate it. Admin
Score
December 25, 2012 3:50:38 AM

To access the bios usually it is F2, F8 or F10 (for most computers). I don't actually know about any entry to reset all passwords - maybe you mean something different.

Where did you get the factory restore disk from? Your friend or you had it before? If from your friend then you could just ask him to reset the password for you. If you had it from before, then only you could know the password.

The only thing you could do is to run a clean install of Windows XP with the existing product key you got.

Hope this helps :D  .
Score
!