Sign in with
Your question

Crash issue, need new mb

Last response: in Motherboards
December 8, 2010 11:47:58 AM

hello,

im using a brand new assembled PC with the contents listed below. We found the MB to burn the video card, initially the shop replaced the video card but after a few days the MB made it burn again. Now the shop say to replace the MB with a GA-X58-USB3 i would like to hear your word about this change and a possibile Asus alternative, i still belive having both asus MB and video card is the best solution.

asus nvidia gtx 480
i7 930 processor
mb asus p6tse
dd3 4 gb kingstone

More about : crash issue

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
December 8, 2010 12:03:23 PM

The burning of the gfx card should not be due to the motherboard itself. There could be a short in the motherboard installation or PSU voltage regulation failure. Therefore, I suggest checking these two items.
December 8, 2010 1:48:19 PM

thank you, ill try this once i get my pc back, how cna i check the installation of MB and PSU value?
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
December 9, 2010 5:23:38 AM

You can check motherboard installation by removing it out of the case and seeing the locations of motherboard risers. They should all be positioned correctly and at the same height. The screws holding the motherboard in position should not be tightened too much. Checking PSU output may require expensive equipment. You can replace it with a unit you may borrow from a friend and see if your PC behaves correctly. If it does, that means your PSU is defective.

If you are not experienced in building a PC and electrical basics, do not attempt to do the job yourself. You may cause damage to components through static electricity. You may ask help from a friend.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
a c 156 V Motherboard
December 9, 2010 5:40:29 AM

elnath78 said:
... , i still belive having both asus MB and video card is the best solution.

If it makes you feel better, go for it. But it doesn't really matter.

Breadboarding:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262730-31-breadboardi...
will totally eliminate the possibility of your case causing your problem.
December 9, 2010 10:35:25 AM

suat said:
The burning of the gfx card should not be due to the motherboard itself. There could be a short in the motherboard installation or PSU voltage regulation failure. Therefore, I suggest checking these two items.

thank you guys for all the suggestions but im not hardware technician rather a software developer.

ive forwarded your comments to the shop, he will install that new MB and see, to be honest me and my firends had suspect about a short because when using the PC at max the audio was giving noises like electrical interferences, like if we had an incoming mobile call, ive told this to the shop but at that time he said it was the cooling system. The same problem happened for the second video card so if the short or psu is the reason it is probable that he did the same mistake again, i doubt this will refrain him from doing it a third time.

Id have my machine back in a couple of days, ill keep you iformed about the results and possible other problems, what we all think is that the shop is not so used to build gaming PCs but rather office machines which require lot less performance.

!