NVIDIA chipset for AM3

guys, at last I have bought this motherboard : ASUS M4N75TD ($99 in US whereas it cost me appx $150 in India) prices in india are too high.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-131-637&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=unlock#scrollFullInfo

but I am yet to buy a processor. please suggest me a budget processor mainly for gaming purpose.
16 answers Last reply
More about nvidia chipset
  1. According to Tom's, the Athlon II X3 is the best gaming CPU for the budget minded. ;)
  2. So, will an Athlon II x4 635 be better than Athlon II x3 in games. I can afford an Athlon II x4.

What do you think of Asus M4N75TD. Is it a good gaming motherboard. it only does x8 in both single and mutli graphics.
  3. What do you think of Asus M4N75TD. Is it a good gaming motherboard. it only does x8 in both single and mutli graphics.
  4. I already purchased it yesterday. the motherboard is capable of doing sli. but I am not sure about its overclocking abilities.

What do you think. Can I overclock an AM3 processor to its best with this motherboard.
  5. It will overclock nicely... The board is a decent overclocker.
  6. :D

But the problem is, I don't know how to overclock. I don't have any experience of overclocking.

does this motherboard have any automatic overclock options.

please suggest something.
  7. can I use AMD overdrive utility to overclock. It has novice mode which allows to overclock automatically.

but will AMD overdrive work with AMD cpu and an nvidia gpu.
  8. Yes... It will work but typically it is not recommended to use Windows based software to overclock... usually used for "tweaking
  9. so can I just use an Athlon II x4 635 or Athlon II x3 435 for gaming purpose. I am on a budget. I would later on upgrade it to a thuban or a bull dozer processor when it releases.

so will an Athlon II x4 635 or Athlon II x3 435 suffice for now or should I go for a Phenom II x4 itself.
  10. so how about a Phenom II x2 555 BE or a Phenom II x3 720 BE. What do you think?

The motherboard that I bought has a core unlocker switch built in on the board itself. Should I try that or just go with a Phenom II x4.
  11. I heard that the upcoming AMD processor Bulldozer requires an AM3+ chipset. So as I have an AM3 chipset, won't a bios update on the motherboard work as it previously worked with AM2+ chips.

I mean to say, will the Bulldozer processors backward compatible with the existing AM3 chipsets.
  12. If that would be the case, then most of the people who recently bought an AM3 board would be in total loss.

And there would also be a minimal chance of SLI on an AM3+ motherboard, considering the fact that there were only two motherboards (750a and 980a) on AM3 chipsets. :(
  13. there's one last question that I forgot to ask.

As I bought an ASUS M4N75TD that has 4 RAM slots (2000 OC). Will I be able to use all the 4 RAM slots to install 1333MHZ of memory (4GB on each slot = 16GB total).

The reason I asked you this is because, I've heard most of the people were not able to use all the 4 RAM slots.
  14. I would just get 4GB (2x2GB) of RAM. There is really no reason for that much memory and those older board don't always place nice with 4GB sticks, let alone 16GB :(
  15. you told me (2x4). Do you mean 4 2gb sticks or 2 4gb sticks.
  16. but can I install 4 sticks of 2 gb each. I am looking to get this memory:

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB Model TW3X4G1333C9A DDR3 1333MHZ

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145251&Tpk=TW3X4G1333C9A
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Chipsets Processors Nvidia Motherboards Product