Sign in with
Your question

What does 'drive 0 is safely frozen\' mean in system bios?

Last response: in Windows XP
December 14, 2012 4:27:33 AM

My computer (Dell gx620)with windows xp on it froze up, so I turned it off and back on again. It opened to the widows desktop screen, but only got as far as the background picture and then went back to the welcome screen. Only this time I had to click on "user" button to get into windows. Problem is every time I do that it just goes for a fraction of a second to the desktop screen and then back to the same welcome screen with the "user' button. I went into system bios and it tells me that "drive 0 is safely frozen", and that I should shut the system down and back on again and set or change the password as soon as it loads, which can't be done. I also can't get into "safe mode" no matter how many times I tap on f8, or if I just hold it down before windows loads? Has anyone got a clue what is going wrong or how I can fix it? thanks
December 14, 2012 8:53:46 AM

brickman49240 said:
My computer (Dell gx620)with windows xp on it froze up, so I turned it off and back on again. It opened to the widows desktop screen, but only got as far as the background picture and then went back to the welcome screen. Only this time I had to click on "user" button to get into windows. Problem is every time I do that it just goes for a fraction of a second to the desktop screen and then back to the same welcome screen with the "user' button. I went into system bios and it tells me that "drive 0 is safely frozen", and that I should shut the system down and back on again and set or change the password as soon as it loads, which can't be done. I also can't get into "safe mode" no matter how many times I tap on f8, or if I just hold it down before windows loads? Has anyone got a clue what is going wrong or how I can fix it? thanks

This works for other DELL models.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3...
!