cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Good morning,

I'm looking for a case that meets the following requirements

Black Inside
Good GPU Cooling (Think Antec 1200 / Antec P193)
Window
Supports at least a 120.2 radiator internally.
Dust Filters on intake fans.
No 'Bling' LEDs are fine.
Not a super tower case (far to big),
Good build quality (can be steel or aluminium)
Cable Management

Cheers

Take a look at the CM Sniper Black Edition.. It has LED fans which can be turned OFF (stealth mode as i like to all it) by the push of a button.. All black roomy interior beats certain even full towers in spacing..

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
the cooler master HAF 922 or Sniper are pretty good

But honestly, unless you are unfortunate enough to live in a dustbowl like china, dust isn't an issue so long as you have a small industrial paintbrush from home depot so you can dust it out once every few months. Or if you are feeling fancy a can of compressed air.

What I recommend is a HAF 932, it doesn't have any filters but again, unless you live where i do you should be alright. But the cooling, cable management, room, and extra things (4 usb ports, e sata, firewire, EXCELLENT, too-less design) is second to none and I wouldn't trade the case I have for anything. Though I warn you, if you don't like the looks of an M1A1 tank, you probably won't like the looks of this.

If you want a case that looks like an anlien space ship, get the antec 1200 if you like tankish design, HAF 932

(I assume full tower doesn't fall under super tower category because both are big)

cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Indeed, super tower is more like the Lian-Lis or armorsuits. I have a Antec 1200 next door and if it was not for that horrid fat at top, id grab on right now. Looking over the HAF-x as recommended ^^^^, will then check the Sniper.

Also updating requirements to include cable management =)

eylee86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
I've researched for cases for a long time now...

i own antec 1200 at the moment. having a full tower made me realize that all the fans and size are not really required. i switched all the fans to scythe slipstream and i still think that it's kinda loud.

I heard good stuff about haf932 and Silverstone FT02 but i'll avoid HAF932 just because it's similar to antec1200 and won't be any different otehr than it's look. FT02 has better features, better air cooling and look/feel to it. But I didn't like how 5.25'' bay was so close to the mobo, must be some sort of design mistake. it hardly gives any clearance for the SATA cable to connect. I've seen many pictures where the sata cables head has to be bent 90degrees to connect. Also it's quite large, it's heavier than Antec1200 by significant amount...

So I started looking into midcase towers which i couldn't find any that I liked. I saw corsair 600T prototype, it might be what i want but we'll see when the actual product gets released...i think it has everything you might need as well excepet the window.