What memory can i use in the asus m4a89td pro motherboard

zath

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Hello,
Can some 1 tell me if there is a 2x4 1600 memory that is compataible with this board
Thxs Rick

zath

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

Hi ! btw i'm new to posting and this site.

Sadly it seems i am havin a hard time finding just 2 sticks of 4 gb. The mb is the m4a89td pro usb3 but sadly not having ne luck on getting just 2 sticks to drop in the blue slots for some oc. I want just 2 because thats waht they recommend for oc. Seens how this is a new build and my 1st time @ this stuff i really don't want to mess up this monster. Looks like i might have to stay with 4 sticks and work from there :pt1cable: But if some one can find me the sticks i'd be very :wahoo: happy Thxs

There are several 2X4 8GB kits @1600, the problem is none of them are on the QVL from Asus. Now, that doesn't mean that they WON'T work, just that they haven't been certified TO work...It could simply be that they haven't been tested by Asus yet

zath

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

Well with that being said i think i would like something that has been certified. I am spending about 2.3 k on this build and reallllly don't want to hurt this baby by using something that hasn't been tested /certified.
Thxs for the input :)
I also did a post on ncix's forum to see if anyone there mite have an answer also. Thats where i am getting the pc built so hopefully someting pops up

Cheers Rick

Well with that being said i think i would like something that has been certified. I am spending about 2.3 k on this build and reallllly don't want to hurt this baby by using something that hasn't been tested /certified.

The problem is that Asus may never get around to certifying the 2X4 8GB 1600 kits. What with new CPUs, and chipsets (and memory) coming out, creating new motherboards, they may never have the time to go back to certify new stuff for their old (or older) motherboards. "You pays your money, and you takes your chances!" :cry:

zath

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

well if i have to go with 1333 will that make a lot of difference in speed n such?
And thxs for the help :pt1cable: