akhellbinder

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I have almost finished my first build, but i am unsure about some things.

I have the HAF-X case, and theres a front panel with 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 eSATA, Sound and mic, and then theres a cable classified as 1394a.

The USB 3.0 i am unsure about where i am supposed to plug those in on the motherboard. I have tried looking in the motherboard manual, with no succes.

I am also unsure about where to plug in the eSATA. Do i just plug that one in a regular Sata plug?

I have almost finished my first build, but i am unsure about some things.

I have the HAF-X case, and theres a front panel with 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 eSATA, Sound and mic, and then theres a cable classified as 1394a.

The USB 3.0 i am unsure about where i am supposed to plug those in on the motherboard. I have tried looking in the motherboard manual, with no succes.

There is no USB 3.0 header(s) on the motherboard. There are only the two USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel beneath the RJ-45 Ethernet port. I suppose if you really want USB 3.0 on those front ports and the cables are long enough, you can feed them outside of the case and connect them to the rear panel USB 3.0 ports.

I am also unsure about where to plug in the eSATA. Do i just plug that one in a regular Sata plug?

There is no eSATA header(s) on the motherboard. There are two External SATA ports on the rear panel beneath the USB 2.0 ports, one is powered (eSATAp) and the other is data only (eSATA). If the eSATA cable that is part of the HAF-X case has a standard SATA data connector on it then it can be plugged into any SATA connector on the motherboard.

Yes it does, its called IEEE 1394 (A.K.A. FireWire as Apple calls it).

There is an IEEE 1394 header located middle edge of the board next to the internal USB headers and a IEEE 1994 port located on the back panel.

akhellbinder

Distinguished
May 12, 2008

Awesome, thanks man.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
Just a thought: most cases that have external sata dock seem to show the esata cable running to the back of the case an plugging in to the esata port on the mobo.