First off cooling specs and board for the reference:
HAF932 2x 230mm, 2 x 160mm, 1x 120mm
Hyper 212 Evo w/7carat diamond thermal compund
Asrock Z77 pro3

Edit: bios settings
Advanced turbo disabled
Intel Speedstep disabled
c states all disabled

So far I have overclocked to 4.2 ghz with 1.136 volts max temp is 55c running prime95 for about 10 minutes.

I have searched and searched on forums, but I can't for the life of me find anything that confirms this. I read from someone that said there is a base voltage setting and and offset voltage setting. All I have is the voltage offset in p1.50 bios. Is this all that's needed?

When I try to overclock to 4.3 I get bsod's after prime 95 for 20 minutes. I've been inching the volts on the offset .010 increments and stopped at 1.79v because I wanted to make sure the offset voltage is the correct thing to use to adjust voltage.

Also, can anyone provide some feedback about temps whether it seems poor average, good etc for the volts/clocks they've achieved? just so I have an idea the room I'm working with. Like I said so far I've got to 4.3ghz and 1.179 volts using prime95 was at 65c max after 20 minutes but obviously this wasn't stable.

Thanks for the help
a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 12:02:15 PM

Hi,

I hope the 1.79V was a Typo :p 

Anyway offset voltage is useful if your using C states and speedstep because it lowers the voltage when the CPU frequency is reduced when idle or under low load conditions, as your not using C states/speedstep then your CPU won't downclock itself when idle and so the voltage should remain static.

In your case it's ok to use offset voltage but your not going to see the benefits of it because you disabled the C states and speedstep, setting a static voltage would work just fine aswell.

1.179V and 65C is fine for stability testing, I'd recommend a max of 1.35V and 75C for 24/7 use.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 12:07:55 PM

Check out this guide for overclocking the 3570k: http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclockin...

It uses the ASRock p67 extreme4, but it worked really well for my z77 extreme6 mobo.

It should have most of the same options in the BIOS as your mobo, since its also an asrock.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 1:19:27 PM

Let me first recommend using static voltage. Personally I can't stand offset voltage. When your stress testing, use Intel Burn In Test. I use Intel Burn In Test and Prime95. But Prime95 can never make my CPU bsod nor does it give me my highest temps. Whereas IBT will make my CPU fail and it will give me my highest temps. In other words, IBT works and prime95 doesn't work so well. I still use Prime95 but not as my "tell all, be all" test like your using it for. I'm curious to see what your real temps are while using IBT.

As far as overclocks go I'm overclocked a good bit higher than you are. But just so you know, I'm stable at 4.8Ghz w/1.42Vcore, 4.7Ghz w/1.385 Vcore, 4.5Ghz w/1.300 Vcore. And this is completely stable numbers. So if you wanna take the leap to 4.5Ghz feel free to start at 1.300. I'm sure your chip can do it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 1:20:01 PM

Let me first recommend using static voltage. Personally I can't stand offset voltage. When your stress testing, use Intel Burn In Test. I use Intel Burn In Test and Prime95. But Prime95 can never make my CPU bsod nor does it give me my highest temps. Whereas IBT will make my CPU fail and it will give me my highest temps. In other words, IBT works and prime95 doesn't work so well. I still use Prime95 but not as my "tell all, be all" test like your using it for. I'm curious to see what your real temps are while using IBT.

As far as overclocks go I'm overclocked a good bit higher than you are. But just so you know, I'm stable at 4.8Ghz w/1.42Vcore, 4.7Ghz w/1.385 Vcore, 4.5Ghz w/1.300 Vcore. And this is completely stable numbers. So if you wanna take the leap to 4.5Ghz feel free to start at 1.300. I'm sure your chip can do it.
m
l
February 18, 2013 2:56:23 PM

ericjohn004 said:

Oh *** This NOOB A Intel Burn Test Fan here This GUY ROFL ANYWAY dont USe Intel Burn Test cause it Max Temps like +10c more then what Prime95 or Aida64 Temp's are gonna be!!!! Only Use Intel Burn Test when you're starting out on Overclocking so lets say 4.2ghz Run that & Watch Temps!!

Keep in mind Ivy Bridge Max Cpu Temp is 105c keep it Under 90c to be on Safe Side!!! Never Run Intel Burn Test when your Temps are over 80c+ if you use Prime95 or Aida64 or Any other Stress Test Programs!!
m
l
!