gamerguy1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Hello.

I was looking at buying a 2nd monitor for a dual monitor set. I was told that if you want to use the ATI Eyefinity from their video cards, that it is best to match the display with a display that is close if not the same as your previous monitor(s). The display I found on Ebay was $168. I looked up the company and the company filed for bankruptcy over a year ago, invalidating any warranty you might receive from buying one of their products. The displays on Ebay also claimed to have 2ms response time and a 178 degree viewing angles.
Is it possible that this LCD item might be a fake? I have bought fake items off of Ebay before.

Ebay has a consumer protection policy that guarantees you your money back if what is stated in the listing is not what is shipped.

Also, if you just want 3 monitors for browsing the internet, etc, they don't need to be the same size. However if you want the experience in triple-monitor gaming, then yes, they do.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
+1 to Shadow. If you are just getting a second monitor (2 monitors sucks for gaming BTW since you have the bezel in the middle of your FOV) I assume its only for web surfing and desktop use, then it doesn't matter what size/resolution etc. The only time when its really necessary to have similar displays in in multi-monitor gaming, which you really don't want to do with only 2 monitors.