xp home edition window cannot find scohost.exe after scann..

after scanning this hdd for virus, i attached the hdd back into its own pc
and upon restart, got the following message under the heading

"c:\windows\system32\svohost.exe"
'windows cannot find c:\windoes\system32\svohost.exe. make sure you type the
name correctly and then try again. to search for a file....'

i did a search by typing 'svohost.exe' and it give me the following result.
-found in folder c:\windows\prefetch
svohost.exe-2FA3EB46.pf

i updated the windows but the mesage still appears. (i have many other
sotware programs in the pc and do not wish to re-install them.) i have the
Product Recvery CD. your prompt advice what shall i do next is much
appreciated. many thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about home edition window find scohost scann

    furthe to my message, when i go to msconfig, i found
    1/ svchostx svchostx.exe HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer.
    2/ svchost c:\WINDOWS\svchost....

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer.

    pls advice, many thanks

    "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > after scanning this hdd for virus, i attached the hdd back into its own pc
    > and upon restart, got the following message under the heading
    >
    > "c:\windows\system32\svohost.exe"
    > 'windows cannot find c:\windoes\system32\svohost.exe. make sure you type
    > the
    > name correctly and then try again. to search for a file....'
    >
    > i did a search by typing 'svohost.exe' and it give me the following
    > result.
    > -found in folder c:\windows\prefetch
    > svohost.exe-2FA3EB46.pf
    >
    > i updated the windows but the mesage still appears. (i have many other
    > sotware programs in the pc and do not wish to re-install them.) i have the
    > Product Recvery CD. your prompt advice what shall i do next is much
    > appreciated. many thanks

Configuration Hard Drives Windows XP