Need a recommendation please

mojin7

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi folks. Im overclocking lately and I have a H100 on my 2700k. The thing just takes too long to get up to speed when load is put on. Id like to replace the two fans with something maybe more powerful (more static pressure) and quieter would also be nice. Im looking to match those with a fan controller which can mount on the case under my optical drive. That way I can just control it myself. I need some suggestions. I don't know a heck of alot about the different fans available or the fan controllers. Thanks in advance! -Joel

Solution
Hi,

Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans are excellent radiator and heatsink fans because of their high static pressure, also Corsair's SP120 high performance fans are a good choice for the same reason.

I use the Lamptron FC5 fan controller which will easily handle the fan's I listed above and many more.

These are just my recommendations but of course there are alternatives, alot of it comes down to price and aesthetics.
Hi,

Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans are excellent radiator and heatsink fans because of their high static pressure, also Corsair's SP120 high performance fans are a good choice for the same reason.

I use the Lamptron FC5 fan controller which will easily handle the fan's I listed above and many more.

These are just my recommendations but of course there are alternatives, alot of it comes down to price and aesthetics.

Solution

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

+1 Great fans, great controller. Also noctua has very good fans!

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

hahahaha, yeah... That colour... :c My C70 would be fine with those though! :eek: military look ftw xD

mojin7

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hey thanks alot! This is the model number Im finding D1225C12B5AP-15. Is this the exact fan you would recommend? Also do you have the digital display FC5? That thing looks sweet.

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Yeah, I was deciding between the Sabertooth with noctuas or Fatal1ty with SP's... I'm not a big fan of the little fans on the Sabertooth and I was afraid of overheating if I took them off so I went for the other config... I coulnd't be happier to be honest xD My SP's are awesome and my Fatal1ty board is also awesome! And it is now at 29ºC with my CPU sitting at 27/28ºC overheating? No way xDD

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

´
Yes, those are the Gentle Typhoon's :)

Yep and Yep :)

Yeah I agree I'm also not keen on the tiny mobo fan, good to read your happy with your setup, your temps are excellent too! :D

My new build will feature the Asrock X79 extreme 9 which has a tiny "southbridge" fan.... I still don't know what I'll be replacing it with...

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

I saw a build from a guy who took the fan entirely of that mtherboard and used and Vapor Chamber from and old Sapphire card! Awesome! And he said it worked just fine :eek: (Almost silent)

Awesome! :) A bit of modding makes a build much more fun IMO, might even make my own waterblock :pt1cable:

TRENDING THREADS