GA-X58A-UD3R CPU voltage mobo lights - green and yellow

toran0x

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
On this mobo (rev2), there are 5 leds northeast of the chip. The top three of the five leds are "CPU Voltage L1/2/3". For some reason two of the three voltage lights are on for me. One is green and the other is yellow. Not sure why this is since I had my voltage on Auto - made no changes and did not overclock anything.

I just locked the vcore to 1.15 to see if it helps, and nothing has changed - still those two lights. Any idea why this is happening? It's a new setup as of a few days ago.

toran0x

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Figured out this morning that the Auto setting for QPI/Vtt was pushing the voltage up to ~1.4 which is way high. Not sure if this is because of the settings on my DRAM voltage, etc, but I manually brought down the QPI/Vtt to 1.19v and it seems to be ok now - no light and seems to be stable.

skaz

Distinguished

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem. I have left everything as auto/default in the BIOS except for setting my RAM to XMP Profile 1. I have the same lights lit on my cpu voltage LEDs and also have a green LED lit for my north-bridge (Cant see if its voltage or temperature).

I was curious if everything is still stable for you, and under what part in the BIOS is the QPI/Vtt under? Does changing this number effect anything with the system? Thank you. =)

TRENDING THREADS