Sign in with
Your question

Best MITX mobo with USB 3.0 support?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2010 6:40:35 AM

Hi All,

What's the best MITX mobo at the moment/coming out soon with USB 3.0 support? From what I've googled it seems to be down to two; the Gigabyte H55N-USB3 and Zotac H55ITX-C-E - or is there better?

Also, I've not seen any with USB 3.0 headers so do I have to re-route the back ports to the front of the case (Lian Li Q08)?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

More about : mitx mobo usb support

December 9, 2010 7:17:34 PM

Because the case comes with USB 3.0 - might as well if it doesn't hurt the pocket. Maybe I'll need the superspeed transfer rate one day. Maybe I will kick myself for not shelling out the extra £20. Or maybe I won't. I don't know - all I know is that I want a setup I want to settle with for X years. All I have to do is avoid kebabs for 4 lunch occasions and that will pay for it. :p 

Also, I'm already an expert in googling. I came here because I did the best I could (I'm no computer technical expert) reading reviews and googling and I came up with those two; now I need some advice from you lovely experts.
a b V Motherboard
December 9, 2010 7:32:17 PM

I'm usually a fan of Gigabyte, but it looks like that's a fine board by Zotac. I've not had to deal with their tech support, but the lifetime warranty would be a selling point to me.

I think you'd be OK with both, and I have always had excellent experiences with Gigabyte, but the warranty would be a seller to me.

Totally up to you...I think you're good with either.

An afterthought....if you don't need it immediately, you could wait on the next chipset (to be out soon) and see if there will be USB 3 headers on those.
!