Sign in with
Your question

Help me turn on my wifi on my hp laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2011 11:57:35 PM

i bought a 2007 model hp nc6220 with windows 7. I have been unable to turn on my wifi. I've tried everything. nothing works. The wifi button, fn and f2 buttons, nothing. No lights, no nothing. My wireless connection to my printer works. Can't connect to my router. Can anyone help?

More about : turn wifi laptop

October 24, 2011 2:09:04 AM

prince_01 said:
i bought a 2007 model hp nc6220 with windows 7. I have been unable to turn on my wifi. I've tried everything. nothing works. The wifi button, fn and f2 buttons, nothing. No lights, no nothing. My wireless connection to my printer works. Can't connect to my router. Can anyone help?

Hmm my guess if you bought it recently USED off ebay, it probably had a wireless card issue to begin with. However, try both of these things and post back to us. Make sure the switch is in the on position when you try this:

Possible Solution 1: Go to Start and search "network and sharing center", then click "change adapter settings" on the left panel. If you see a wireless symbol and it happens to be disabled, well right click on it and click enable.

Possible Solution 2: If the above did not work, and/or you did not see a wireless symbol, then download and install the drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa....

If neither of those two things work, then its most likely a faulty wireless card. You can buy a USB wireless adapter at a local electronics store (Best Buy, Radioshack, etc.) and those can get you wireless as well.

m
l
May 11, 2012 7:57:31 AM

on my laptop wifi signal shows turn off how can i turn on pleas help me
m
l
Related resources
!