IIS - Page cannot be displayed

December 14, 2004 4:03:05 PM

I've just installed IIS 5.1 on Windows XP SP 2 and cannot see the default
website. I type http://localhost in my browser and after about 10 minutes I
get a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

Does anyone know if I need any additional setup?

Thanks

More about : iis page displayed

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 11:03:39 PM

Are you saying you have no access to the Internet via your browser????? Im
not understanding why you are typing http://localhost in your browser....
What are you trying to accomplish? have you installed all the patches for
IIS 5.1? Go here
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?display...
to install it, if you can that is.

!