IIS - Page cannot be displayed

I've just installed IIS 5.1 on Windows XP SP 2 and cannot see the default
website. I type http://localhost in my browser and after about 10 minutes I
get a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

Does anyone know if I need any additional setup?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about page displayed

    Are you saying you have no access to the Internet via your browser????? Im
    not understanding why you are typing http://localhost in your browser....
    What are you trying to accomplish? have you installed all the patches for
    IIS 5.1? Go here
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=C87BAD03-A4B8-4199-8259-8A37AF61EF63
    to install it, if you can that is.

    "Chilli_Head" <Chilli_Head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just installed IIS 5.1 on Windows XP SP 2 and cannot see the default
    > website. I type http://localhost in my browser and after about 10 minutes
    > get a "Page cannot be displayed" error.
    >
    > Does anyone know if I need any additional setup?
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration IIS Windows XP