Major Impact in FPS even thought my PC is high-end (sort of)

Daflip

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
HI

i'm new to the sight so plz don't put negative comments in this post

3 months ago, my mom bought me a PC since i got promoted to the secondary level. Here's the specs:

ATI Radeon 4890
Intel Quad Core 2.66
Gigabyte BIOS
16 Gb of RAm
Windows XP proffesional 64-bit

2-3 weeks since i bought my new computer, i was able to run any game in maxed out settings like Crysis, Fallout 3 etc. But this days, im experiencing a major drop in fps. I searched all forums through the internet. They said "change to XP, or change the graphic driver, format you PC and check for viruses". I've done everything. but still, no luck. I tried to open my case, and clean the dusts on the graphic card. But still, the graphic card is killing. I seached for problems in the hdd and memory leaks but it appears theres no problems.

Plz help >< i alwas get a low fps in all games like around 20-30 fps. Any suggestions would be appreciated ^^

Starges

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010

GPU-z is a software used to monitor your gpu's temp. You can use it to check the temp levels of the gpu during game paly.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
80 degrees with a 4890 is perfectly good - they run hot.

So if you cannot run the same games the same way, then you have to look at your system. We cannot tell you what is wrong - you have to look.

Either the graphics or CPU are running hot and then slowing down. Graphics looks fine so that is not the problem.
Run a program to look at CPU temps. Google it.

What else changed? Did you install or change something? How many processes are running? I like 40 or less.
Did you change the resolution?
Virus scanners will sometimes kick off when a game is running which causes stuttering.
Is the disk light/LED flashing when it starts stuttering?

Explain. Is that reffering to an honor's program at a high school?

If it's a managerial promotion at a job, why is you're mother still supporting you and buying you expensive gifts?

overclocker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Isn't this rather personal?