Computer good enough for MW2?

kevkevle

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I bought this laptop about a year ago.I know a bit about computers, but im not very familiar with the brands and stuff. I just want to know what i should upgrade and the exact item i should buy to get a smoother game play of COD MW2. I notice that evn though i turn the resolution to the lowest, its still a little slow.Heres what i have.

HP dv7 1133cl
Processor: AMD turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 2.00GHz
RAM: 4.00 Gb
System type: 64-bit Operating systems
Video card: ati radeon hd 3200 graphics
Memory: 320 gig Hard drive, i have 215 gigs unused.

Heres the game requirements:
System Requirements
OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation.
Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
It'll be difficult to run MW2 on your laptop since an HD 3200 card isn't exactly awesome for gaming. If you're really interested in playing MW2 or any current releases, I'd suggest buying a decent desktop. Upgrading graphic cards on laptops is no easy task, and it's impossible with your laptop since the GPU is integrated to the MB.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008

Unfortunately most of this crowd would have no idea what you are talking about... Cyrix, ISA, 166, vesa driver?
Did you get your AARP card yet :D

seerwan

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
kevkevle, your CPU is an AMD (their current mobile cpus are ***) and the GPU isn't a dedicated card, bro, its integrated (that basically means it cant process 3-D grapihcs, wasnt built for that).

To make it simple to impress upon u the extent of the weakness of ure compnents, imagine that Gaming on PC's is like racing in cars - and with ure AMD CPU and integrated GPU, ure tring to enter Formula 1 or Nascar with a Tricycle...

Your laptop wasn't built with the purpose of gaming, man...