cursingflashor

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I have a Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 with AMD Phenom II X4 965 and G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) that will not post. It's a new computer and I have already RMA'd the motherboard and processor with newegg. The green lights on the motherboard come on by I have no display on my monitor and I get no beep codes.

Hook up the case speaker for beep codes, or use the tiny one that comes with some cases and plugs into the board. Check for a bios file requirement for your cpu on foxconn's website, and do a bare post outside of the case; just the cpu/heatsink, one stick of ram, and onboard video or your video card with the power supply lead (if required). Then with the atx 24 pin and 12v power supply leads connected to the board, touch the power switch cluster of pins until the board fires up. If you try another foxconn board, check the ram specs in the manual and the position of the cmos jumper. A few boards have them in the wrong position to keep the battery from running down, but I've never had a board like this.