Freezing in movies and series for 1-2 sec

X-796

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Hi This is my first post. :D

My pc is not that new but from the start the pc is freezing for 1-2 sec when I watch a movie or series I think like 7-8min apart.
I did run some tests - ram , CPU, Hard drive, and made sore that I have a good Power supply and nothing did come up.

Testers - Heavy load v2 , Test in Burn v6 and Hard drive test pilot v2.6 and some ram test I boot from, then I did Registry cleaning and repair but all clean

Ok then did some searching on Google and People said that the problem can be Audio I have Logitech 5.1 Z-5450 it can handle 24bit, 96000 Hz I changed it back to 16bit, 48000 Hz for most games don`t want to work with 24bit and Thought it could help with the Freezing too but did not

Then I try different audio codecs and video codecs and programs like Media Player Classic , VLC did not work so I tried new Drivers also nothing helped :cry:

If any one can help me I will appreciate it
Thanks

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Blips in videos, lag, buffering, syncing issues are all quite regular with video playback... Unfortunately, pinpointing the source is difficult as much of the time, the video, codec, or player can be a contributing factor.

Is this something that you want to fix out of curiosity? Or is it very much an annoyance?

Also, this question would be better suited for a forum more dedicated to software, and/or more specifically video editing....

I had this problem with my old laptop when I tried to play higher resolution videos. I believe it could be any number of things such as the GPU, too little RAM or a software problem. To be honest, it's almost impossible to figure it out.

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009

I would head over to the adobe forums....while not a software/hardware site, they know pretty much all there is to know about video, and then some (plus it has a ton of people on it, unlike the niche video forums you might find)

horsesgot6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Let me Know how you fix this or what sites you used. I have been having the same thing going on with my computer. I've been looking online to find a fix but no luck yet.