Setting Memory Timings in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLewiss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
So, I have searched Google, read articles on Toms Hardware and looked through my motherboards manual, but I simply can not figure out exactly what I am supposed to change on my motherboard's BIOS to set my memory timings to their suggested ratings. If anyone can help me out, and tell me exactly what I am supposed to change, that would be great. I will try to make it easy for you.

Here are images of the BIOS screens you need:

dram0.png

mainju.png

Here are my components:

Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Core i7 Memory Kit

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Core i7 920

Nothing is overclocked, and I would not even dare too, as my i7 runs hot enough on stock. 46 idle, ~65-70 extreme load. So just the stock timings would be great.

Solution
Ok, from the specs in the link you gave on the RAM it says:

Corsair makes overclocking easy. Its Dominator series Triple Channel kits set the standard for enthusiast-oriented memory modules developed for the up-to-the-minute Intel Core i7 processor / Intel X58 Express Chipset. This triple channel 6GB kit is rated to run at 1600MHz and has CL 8-8-8-24 timings for speedy performance. Each kit is 100% hand tested for performance and compatibility.

Now, judging from the screenshot, (the top one), it seems you're already running at the suggested rated speed/settings as stated on top where it says it's running @ 8-8-8-20... Actually, it's running a little tighter (which is good) as opposed to the advertized 8-8-8-24...

There is nothing...

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Ok, from the specs in the link you gave on the RAM it says:

Corsair makes overclocking easy. Its Dominator series Triple Channel kits set the standard for enthusiast-oriented memory modules developed for the up-to-the-minute Intel Core i7 processor / Intel X58 Express Chipset. This triple channel 6GB kit is rated to run at 1600MHz and has CL 8-8-8-24 timings for speedy performance. Each kit is 100% hand tested for performance and compatibility.

Now, judging from the screenshot, (the top one), it seems you're already running at the suggested rated speed/settings as stated on top where it says it's running @ 8-8-8-20... Actually, it's running a little tighter (which is good) as opposed to the advertized 8-8-8-24...

There is nothing you need to worry about

Solution

TMLewiss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008

I was wondering about that. Thank you for your reply. Selected as best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.