Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ATI kills nvidia in metro2033

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 9:35:12 AM

Wait till the 26th or whenever reviews come out then it will be a proper comparison.
March 16, 2010 10:01:11 AM

That's what happens when you try to run physics of the video card, rather then sharing the load with other parts namely the CPU the CPU is having to wait even longer for the video card to finish rendering the scene as well as the physics.

Most games won't use more then 2 cores and it's a waste that the 3rd and 4th are just sitting there doing bugger all when they could be processing Physx calculations instead thus freeing up the video card to do the job it was designed for.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 1:37:18 PM

I still cant beieve how many people defending Physx when it will die in the next 2 years rofl Not against nVidia but against the physx idea.
But thers no Fermi benchs here so wait to the 26th. From the look it seems that Fermi should be around the 5870 perf.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 1:43:33 PM

: / why are okini55 and nfail still allowed to post :( 

Can't believe okini55 is a "Veteran"
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 1:49:51 PM

Another fan boy.......... clown... Sure there's lots of fault on both sides of the aisle but you're truly an idiot if you don't realize how much having physx brings to the table. It makes MY gaming experiences better. That's what it's all about. I'm not really worried about who gets the most frame rates any more. That's for the inexperienced the stupid and the children.... point null. It's all about the experience.
And how does the graph come into play with the ati card with physx enabled..... ati can't render physx effects.... point null.
I'd love to see both companies share this tech but unfortunately nvidia has to be a prick about it. ..... but it's still possible to make it work with ati....... If the site had implemented the "fix" or if physx could be shared more easily the graph would have been different. How much, who knows ? And I suppose if nvidia crammed double of everything on one pcb like ati has done with the 5800 series, ati would be burried alive..... think about it.
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 1:57:31 PM

Physx, brings something to the table now?
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 2:05:19 PM

Rustyy117 said:

This. Now people who don't know them might base their purchasing choices on their advices. :( 
March 16, 2010 3:09:26 PM

yeah lets look at how many "best answers" hallowed_dragon and omgitzfatal has in the graphics section. :pfff: 

hallowed = 1015 posts, 0 best answers. omgitzfatal = 1146 posts, 0 best answers. WOW YOU GUYZ R GR8.

why dont you asshats concentrate on the thread instead of abusing me in every different topic? you dont like it, gtfo i didnt ask you to read it did i?
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 3:16:46 PM

nfail said:
yeah lets look at how many "best answers" hallowed_dragon and omgitzfatal has in the graphics section. :pfff: 

hallowed = 1015 posts, 0 best answers. omgitzfatal = 1146 posts, 0 best answers. WOW YOU GUYZ R GR8.

why dont you asshats concentrate on the thread instead of abusing me in every different topic? you dont like it, gtfo i didnt ask you to read it did i?

Just a quick search in my recent threads:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=15&post=283551&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=15&post=283459&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

I am sure omgitzfatal can provide better results.
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 3:22:02 PM

You forgot to mention texture's in the gpu memory bit.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 3:53:57 PM

Also in that article I notice dx11 tessellation brings the 5 series cards to its knees. A supposed Fermi ,strong point.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 3:59:15 PM

nfail said:
really? well what the hell do you know? my last 2 posts before this one were...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

so ye STFU with your 2 "best answer" posts in your 1000+ posts.

Best you could find was it? No best answers then? :lol: 

Everyone knows you spread crap all the time, I wonder why some of the threads you create get deleted, hmm....maybe because there not helping anyone! :whistle: 

I can tell you like 14, so immature :pfff: 
March 16, 2010 4:06:38 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Best you could find was it? No best answers then? :lol: 

Everyone knows you spread crap all the time, I wonder why some of the threads you create get deleted, hmm....maybe because there not helping anyone! :whistle: 

I can tell you like 14, so immature :pfff: 

when i have 1150 posts i'll at least have more than two best answers. i'd be ashamed to have so many posts and so few best answers. :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:09:27 PM

Considering how recently best answer actually have been implemented, they are kinda useless to draw any conclusions from. Especially when those giving the best answer usually aren't in the best position to decide it.
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 4:10:41 PM

...................... edited fail post.
March 16, 2010 4:11:14 PM

posting is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:18:46 PM

Guys I'd like to point out that you are arguing about points on a message board forum.

Which imo are kind of like xbox360 achievements, if you're 8 years old you will love to have them.

I had one kid tell me that he didn't like a game at all, but he bought it brand new to get the achievement points... face/palm

Let's grow up guys.
March 16, 2010 4:27:06 PM

hey i'm quite fine with most of it, i'm just not gonna listen to forum weirdos like omgitzfatal lie about me.

sure i post a lot of anti-nVidia stuff but thats up to me. it's all factual, and MANY more of my posts are helping people. with that in mind do i really deserve to be hassled by those two for posting some links? i dont think so.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 4:33:51 PM

All I'm saying nfail is you dnt need to post biased stuff. Your opinion is not fact, and trying to put nVidia in a bad light isn't going to go down well with some people in the forum and will just start arguements.
By all meens post benchmarks and articles....but try and word what your saying so that you dnt come across as if your trying to disrespect a company
March 16, 2010 4:37:04 PM

I don't get brand loyalty. Unless you have major stock in the company who the **** cares. I want both of them to beat each other in the head till prices of graphics cards are lower than ever for me. Screw them both
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:38:25 PM

Why not, nvidia are pathetic. I will say it. Christ I will happily say I am anti nvidia and that they are scum. Nothing wrong with it. I will state my opinion as shall others.

March 16, 2010 4:38:35 PM

so wait we can't disrespect any companies now? i dont remember reading that in the terms of service.

anyway what did i post that is disrespectful? ATI kills nVidia in metro2033 - a twimtbp game. ATI kills nVidia with physics on so how am i being disrespectful in pointing this out and linking to the benchmarks?
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:40:08 PM

Metroidman. It is a bit hard to not have brand loyalty sometimes when you only have two horses in a race. If like me you like to game but do not want to support a company which you see as the greater of the two evils you are kind of screwed in who's products you can buy.
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 4:41:00 PM

Rustyy117 said:

lol
I just clicked on okini's info and saw he had a badge so I clicked to see what it was... It said uniformed(for uploading an avatar) but I read it as "uninformed" first and thought "They really give badges for that now?"
March 16, 2010 4:42:10 PM

strangestranger said:
Metroidman. It is a bit hard to not have brand loyalty sometimes when you only have two horses in a race. If like me you like to game but do not want to support a company which you see as the greater of the two evils you are kind of screwed in who's products you can buy.

I think you mean lesser of 2 evils. And honestly there is no corporation with your best interests in heart. Its stupid to think so. If ATI could stab you in the back and make millions, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Its the same damn thing with console loyalty. Who the **** cares.
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:45:23 PM

No, I think I mean greater of the two.

Also, I never said that ati had my interests at heart. However, at this moment their strategies benefits me, the gamer, and the gaming community at large more than nvidia and their business practices are a lot more ethically friendly.

Again, I do not want to support the greater of the two evils.
March 16, 2010 4:47:59 PM

Yes at the moment they do benefit you by being cheaper and better than Nvidia. So lets say in a year or so the G200 is better in price per performance than ATI. Would you still buy ATI or switch? If you'd stay with a company when they offer an inferior product at the same price as another company's superior product, then there's something wrong with that.
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 4:53:02 PM

I never mentioned price as being the affecting factor. Price has little to do with me not supporting nvidia.

Also, g200?
March 16, 2010 4:56:04 PM

Sorry I meant GF200

Anyway I go for the better price regardless of brand. I don't really care if its Nvidia or ATI. Whoever gives me the better price per performance at my budget is who I will choose. Both are faceless corporations who I don't care about. I have a GTX260 right now because I was offered it for $120. I don't care that's its from Nvidia. I just know its the best graphics card I could've gotten for $120. If not for that I'd have picked a 5770 easily.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 5:02:53 PM

I'm the same as Metroidman, I buy best price Vs performance.

jyjjy, you made me :lol:  :) 

nfail if you want to continue argueing with me then just do it via PM's
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 5:27:47 PM

Rustyy117 said:

I don't know either. Anyways Tomshardware is looking less promising by the day. Good thing I still have my new overclock.net account. Nfail is seriously biased. Okini55 starts threads like crazy asking for help, yet goes around giving advice to people. He even confessed to starting 3 power supply threads for the same thing because "people weren't helping him"..

In case nfail starts using fallacious discrediting such as best answer (Oh someone forgot to name you best answer, therefore you don't know anything). Here's this:
Here's my best answers, I would have easily gotten a few more dozen but I dont ask for best answer. Only asked once because I had 5+ gpu best answer but according to tomshardware I dont so I didnt get my badge, I have 9 best answers in graphics). You may notice I am pretty rough on people, but that's tough love. Check spoiler.
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 5:36:56 PM

I've got 94 best answers but I think that just mainly proves that I have no life :/ 
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 5:55:02 PM

Wait until the 26th before fighting rofl All of us cant wait until that day? :whistle: 
nFail is a rebranded troll rofl change your pic and your name lol No need to say <Kill>, just put benchs when Fermi gets released on the 26th. Compare benchs over all websites and youtube users and make your conclusions. Dont jump too fast, you migh fail. Cmon Toms, Fermi is here in the box waiting, why not grab it? ...and do a preview :sol: 
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 5:58:24 PM

jyjjy said:
I've got 94 best answers but I think that just mainly proves that I have no life :/ 

^ this.

Now stop talking about badges/posts/best answers. It's g@y and has nothing to do with the topic.

Playing metro 2033 right now btw, DX11 and 'Physx' enabled on my ati card....runs great.
March 16, 2010 6:27:01 PM

PhysX is dead anyway, who cares about it? The only good games which had PhysX was Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2, but that was 3+ years ago...
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 6:52:33 PM

Quote:
all you do is spread your personal opinion

This is a forum, buddy... that's what we're here for... :) 

Quote:
Yes at the moment they do benefit you by being cheaper and better than Nvidia. So lets say in a year or so the G200 is better in price per performance than ATI. Would you still buy ATI or switch? If you'd stay with a company when they offer an inferior product at the same price as another company's superior product, then there's something wrong with that.

What you have failed to realize here is that "in a year or so", the 5700 and 5800 series will become a lot cheaper, too, so you'd still be getting a better product for the money. Time won't change the price to performance ratio on a product that's already been released, no matter who makes it.

Quote:
Cmon Toms, Fermi is here in the box waiting, why not grab it? ...and do a preview

I've got a feeling nVidia's new cards are going to be about on par with the 5970... I may be wrong, though, maybe they'll finally beat Radeon, but I'm sure it will come at one heck of a price premium. You'd better really love your extra 10-30fps for as much as you paid for them..
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 6:55:29 PM

No, no it's not... nVidia is a respectable company. I just prefer Radeon over nvidia because of their price to performance value. Just like the rest of AMD. :) 
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 7:02:12 PM

Quote:
Cmon Toms, Fermi is here in the box waiting, why not grab it? ...and do a preview

I've got a feeling nVidia's new cards are going to be about on par with the 5970... I may be wrong, though, maybe they'll finally beat Radeon, but I'm sure it will come at one heck of a price premium. You'd better really love your extra 10-30fps for as much as you paid for them..[/quotemsg]

I smell some jealousy in there lol
I am glad to see that I can still sell my card for the sam price as I paid 5 months ago or even more ;-)
How about we wait until the 26th :sol: 
Really, the 5970 is my 1st dual card and best purchase ever, why? A single 5870 cost around 480-499$ in where I leave, so 2x5870= 960-998Ca$, I paid 700$Ca shipped for the 5970 ( My HP Workstation motherboard didnt support CrossFire,only Dual Quadro GFX) and I had to be nice to the website to be #1on the waiting list,until they called me to confirm the order lol
All I know is that most of my games, I get well over that 30fps premium on a single 5870, especially if you have a 30inch or a 2 monitor setup. Crysis 52fps 8xAA 1080p thats much higher than a 5870 to tell ya and the gap will just increase with resoultion and AAx where a 5870 wont give you the magical 30fps. If you OC the 5970 it will be the only card to get playable FPS Crysis Enthusiast 2560x1600p 30 inch. I dont need to go further just look at the 5970 review, Stalker I get roughly double the fps of my firends 5870.(~80-Vs-~40) I am not getting any Lines since 10.2, I hope it stays like that with 10.3.
a c 126 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 7:04:07 PM

2100370,40,565567 said:
Quote:
all you do is spread your personal opinion

This is a forum, buddy... that's what we're here for... :) 

No. Were here to help people out with facts ....Not misinform them with biased opinions
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 8:30:09 PM

Yeah i still cant believe okini isnt banned honestly, especially when he went around posting BAWLSACK on like 2-5 threads.... lol

I like trolling as much as anyone but i mean honestly. That is just poor trolling at best.
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 10:08:32 PM

Truhls said:
Yeah i still cant believe okini isnt banned honestly, especially when he went around posting BAWLSACK on like 2-5 threads.... lol

I like trolling as much as anyone but i mean honestly. That is just poor trolling at best.

Unlike some Okini has responded to requests to modify his behaviour and I for one don't feel he has trolled as much or as badly as the OP of this thread and as for the pointless posts to increase his post count and up his rank, he's not the first and most likely won't be the last.
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 10:27:38 PM

Just got this game today, planning on installing / playing it after I'm done with Final Fantasy XIII and God Of War 3. Maybe even after dragon age awakening lol
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2010 11:23:10 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Unlike some Okini has responded to requests to modify his behaviour and I for one don't feel he has trolled as much or as badly as the OP of this thread and as for the pointless posts to increase his post count and up his rank, he's not the first and most likely won't be the last.

Well that is good, and i agree. Though i still do wish he would tone down the whole " 4890!!!! " Posts where he just goes into a thread and posts nothing but a line like that. IMO that should be considered spam. But at least it isnt as bad as before ;) 
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
March 16, 2010 11:38:56 PM

Truhls said:
Though i still do wish he would tone down the whole " 4890!!!! " Posts where he just goes into a thread and posts nothing but a line like that. IMO that should be considered spam. But at least it isnt as bad as before ;) 

You will never know how many of those posts I have deleted and whilst I will have missed a few at least he has got better and eased off a bit.
March 16, 2010 11:41:15 PM

Rustyy117 said:
No. Were here to help people out with facts ....Not misinform them with biased opinions

i hope you realise pcgameshardware is one of the most respectable review sites on the web before calling their benchmarks "biased opinions".
March 16, 2010 11:42:05 PM

Mousemonkey said:

you have been asked to modify your behaviour and you havent done it. how many people have left this forum because of you mousemonkey??
!