Sign in with
Your question

[Help!] So confused!!

Last response: in Overclocking
February 19, 2013 12:53:40 AM

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Er9C

That's the build I am 99% sure I'm purchasing in a week or so. Looking to OC in the future, not to ridiculous levels but just to give my performance a nice boost.

It's all so very confusing:

H100i apparently has a lot of customers complaining about pump/fan noises. Don't really want to worry about that sort of thing when paying this much on a cooler. Same thing with the H20 920, looks like some make odd noises, though pretty good bang for buck. X40 is pretty solid and probably the one which tempts me most. Have there been many issues reported due to noises from the fans/pump? Also do any of you know if the X40 fits in the Corsair 500R case?

More about : confused

a c 125 K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 7:25:32 AM

Hi,

If you're worried about pump noise (and they can be noisy) then have you considered a high end air cooler instead, perhaps something like the Noctua NH-D14 or Phanteks PH-TC14PE.
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 5:10:35 PM

Not really sure why closed loop coolers are always being considered when there are so many other options out there.

It would be a better world if there was more explanation by vendors on actual performance statistics.
a b K Overclocking
February 20, 2013 8:42:13 PM

If you're not looking for an...enthusiast setup when it comes to cooling your CPU, a solid air cooler is definitely the way to go. You just won't get the value for the money.
!