Best CPU heatsink

pete123edgar

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys, I am currently looking at some replacement heat sink, since I now know how to overclock!! Anyway what heat sink do you guys recommend? I am indifference with loud noise heat sink so I just want the best cooler out there. Anyway, what would you guys recommend, noctua fan? h100? h110? kraken x60? Or anything else? I have the switch 810 so I think its pretty much fits most radiators/fan. Oh and a maximus v formula with dominator platinum so could you also list only those that will fit with the motherboard and the ram heatsink.

Solution
You might have a hard time with any of those air coolers with the high profile of your ram if the kraken x60 is the best closed loop cooler then I'd go for that assuming you have space for a rad
Aug 13, 2012
The best heatsink I think is the Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E or the Phanteks PH-TC14PE, with the Noctua NH-D14 not far from behind. The best closed loop water cooler should be the Kraken X60. However I would go for the NH-D14 because it performs almost like a closed loop water cooler but just a TAD warmer and it is more silent. There is also no need to spend an extra $50 or so just to get a couple degrees cooler.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
You might have a hard time with any of those air coolers with the high profile of your ram if the kraken x60 is the best closed loop cooler then I'd go for that assuming you have space for a rad

Solution