Sign in with
Your question

Your opinion is very important (rendering purpose) :D

Last response: in Systems
April 3, 2010 7:20:57 PM

hi every body :hello:  first of all i have to thanks all of these cool guys for creating this awesome website.
i wanna buy system for rendering purposes.now here what i found base on internet :
using core i 7 920 with asus rampage 2 extreme and 12 gig ddr3 ram (here is what i found
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/933/6/ )
about graphic card well some of my friends told me use radeon hd 5870 but i dont think i need that for rendering. a good graphic card is useful for high polygone scene i dont think it has huge effect on rendering maybe i'm wrong .

well i can spend near 3k for it well 2.5 k (i have to buy intuos :D ) i can maybe go for 2 xeon processors maybe 5420 i dont know. about xeon what do you guys prefer? or maybe im totally wrong !!?what would you choose if you want it for your self???

again thanks and sorry for my poor English .
:love: 

a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2010 12:17:42 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

For a better reply about advice in a new build, you need use THIS format.

And don't worry about the English, you can learn here. As you, the English isn't my native language.
April 4, 2010 10:42:23 AM

hey thanks for reply and sorry for my wrong topic i make it correct
April 4, 2010 11:32:43 AM

Hi rtasooji,

What rendering are you planning?

If Adobe Premiere cs5 is you main buddy, forget about fast/multi CPU. Get a fast nvidia GPU - like gtx 480 or 470. They render 1000x faster than the fastest CPU.

If 3ds Max' QuickSilver rendering is your main concern, again forget CPU get ati 5870 GPU.

If neither of those are what you want, get yourself a cheap GPU like gtx250 or 4850. You can go even cheaper, depending on what you plan to do with your system. If you dont see yourself needing any GPU get the cheapest discrete GPU (ati/nvidia) you can find.

Good luck!
!