How to do a hard boot on computer that went dead

Hello,
I have a HP DV4-1225 that just went dead. I tried starting it a few minutes later and it came up but went dead again in a matter of seconds. Can anyone help me?
7 answers Last reply
More about hard boot computer dead
  1. Your PSU might be dying, try another PSU, if that PSU works then your current PSU is dead...
  2. its a lapotp...hp computers are crap. so was my now dead hp pavilion dv4-1145go. it had so many problems, i had to take it apart and put it back together twice. then i spilled water on it... dead now...
    in any case, sont buy hp laptops...
  3. oh, it's a laptop? i didn't research more, sorry...
    About brands, i never had a HP before, but i never had a problem with Toshiba...
  4. No offense but toshibas are ugly...
  5. IBm has the best laptops at least the olde rones...im not sure about the new ones made by lenovo, but the old ones are amzing build qulity !
  6. Really? I don't understand much about laptop quality...

lenovo, Sony are expensive here in my Country, even Toshiba is a decent laptop, Acer is the worst here... :)
  7. if you dont need to game, and are looking for business-class extrememely good reliability, i have found IBM lapotps to be great. However, i only have had experience with the older ones (X31, R50, and one other i dont remember), so i cant say if the newer lenovos are any good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hewlett Packard Computer Components