Audio stuttering

Hi can anyone help me out?

I have recently built a new rig for myself and a for a while it crashed on me, sometimes saying that some ati file had caused the bsod. Anyway I have since then updated my bios and graphics drivers and turned off ati cool'n'quiet and C1E in the bios cpu settings (since i have heard these can cause instability, correct me if i'm wrong) and now i haven't had any system crashes since.

However, i now still have the problem that the audio will randomly stutter which happens a lot when playing DIRT 2 (this is how the system used to crash but now it just stutters briefly and then goes away) but also happened in itunes.

Do you guys think this is a hardware (mobo?) or software problem? Or is 64bit windows just sketchy?

Specs: Asus M4A78T-E, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3, Phenom II X4 955, radeon 5770, Corsair TX 750W, Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for any help
2 answers Last reply
More about audio stuttering
  1. You might want to look into getting a dedicated audio card. They are fairly cheap on ebay ($10-$50 for something decent)...and can solve a lot of these issues.

They will also take some strain off of your other hardware during gameplay and can increase your FPS.
  2. Hi what are your Sample rate and bit depth in win7

I have Logitech 5.1 Z-5450 it can handle 24bit, 96000 Hz I changed it back to 16bit, 48000 Hz for most games don`t want to work with 24bit and Thought it could help with randomly stuttering

Try this :

For Windows 7 / Windows Vista

1. Go to your sound card s control panel.
    2. Locate the option that allows you change the default audio format for the card.
    3. Set the default format to 24-bits, 48000Hz or less (if it doesn’t work with 48000Hz, try 24 bits, 44100Hz)

If that didn`t help you Go here and post maybe they can help you http://www.gamebrood.com/2009/12/10/colin-mcrae-dirt-2-pc-crashes-freezes-cant-launch-low-performance-cant-save-load-fix-and-fixes/

And run BurnInTest 6.0 to test your sound http://www.passmark.com/index.html

Good luck
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems