Sign in with
Your question

Cannot use my TOSHIBA USB 16Gb

Last response: in Storage
May 7, 2012 7:47:12 AM

HELLO GUYS I NEED U R HELP ASS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
i am one hell of a stupid guy...i just had lend a pendrive from my friend a 16gb toshiba pendrive (with 14.9gb exactly usable)
i used it on my brothers pc to copy movies,when i returned home i copied the movie,bt i couldnt exactly play the movies,then i think it
would be becouse of virus,and i formatted it bt unfortunatly my pc got off due to electricity failure,when the electricity came i again try to format bt while the middle of formating i just got message windows cant format the drive,so i again unplugged and plugged vice versa..bt got the same mesage...
nw whenever i insert my pendrive it shows "disk need to be formatted" bt when i click format it shows windows unable to format.

while i plug in in the pendrive it shows in "My Computer" as removable disk G: bt when i double Click it says g:\ is not acesseble and incorrect function...
and when i click properties it shows USED SPACE 0 bytes FREE SPACE 0 bytes CAPACITY 0 bytes

when i click device property it says this device working perfectly,no problem....
bt when i use the command DISK PART and LIST DISK it just only Lists my harddisk,not the removable disk...
when i use HP format tool it says GENERIC MASS STORAGE DEVIEC 1.00(0mb) (G: and when i click format it shows "THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE SPECIFIED DEVICE".....
when i use disk management it shows
DISK 1
Removable disk(G:
bt when i use any usb recovery,formatter,repair tool it says "first u plugin a usb drive and then run the test...
at last i tried to format using cmd/ bt when i given the command it said "insert a disc and then press ENTER again"

can anybody help me with the problem...bcoz its my buddys

More about : toshiba usb 16gb

May 7, 2012 11:08:42 AM

guys need help immediatly please......
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2012 11:25:13 AM

thanks for the info...
bt ufortunatly i checked to format via "Computer Management/Storage" bt it says it cannot access to format....bt my pendrive detects in MY COMPUTER bt not in management....
does this means pendrive ......????
m
l
May 10, 2012 3:36:23 PM

Ok, no problem.

There is a small nice software that is so helpful in such a case, which is: HDD LLF Low Level Format. Download it, then low-level-format your USB flash drive, then format it again normally using windows format tool.

This will most probably resolve your problem.
m
l
May 10, 2012 3:40:36 PM

I forgot to say that after you LLF your USB drive, do not use windows quick format, just use the full format
m
l
May 11, 2012 8:01:31 AM

noway...the software u told me is not working
it just recognise my harddisk not the pendrive????
m
l
August 6, 2013 4:08:25 AM

Hai fatamhad
I also Had The Same Problem On my friend's Toshiba Hayabusa 16gb
here is what i done,
Insert the usb drive
Right click on my computer and select manage
In it SELECT DEVICE MANAGER THEN PORTABLE DEVICES SELECT YOUR TOSHIBA USB
Then Driver and in that disable and also uninstall.
Then reinsert the usb.
This will probably work.....:sarcastic: 
m
l
November 22, 2013 9:33:31 PM

fatamad said:
HELLO GUYS I NEED U R HELP ASS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
i am one hell of a stupid guy...i just had lend a pendrive from my friend a 16gb toshiba pendrive (with 14.9gb exactly usable)
i used it on my brothers pc to copy movies,when i returned home i copied the movie,bt i couldnt exactly play the movies,then i think it
would be becouse of virus,and i formatted it bt unfortunatly my pc got off due to electricity failure,when the electricity came i again try to format bt while the middle of formating i just got message windows cant format the drive,so i again unplugged and plugged vice versa..bt got the same mesage...
nw whenever i insert my pendrive it shows "disk need to be formatted" bt when i click format it shows windows unable to format.

while i plug in in the pendrive it shows in "My Computer" as removable disk G: bt when i double Click it says g:\ is not acesseble and incorrect function...
and when i click properties it shows USED SPACE 0 bytes FREE SPACE 0 bytes CAPACITY 0 bytes

when i click device property it says this device working perfectly,no problem....
bt when i use the command DISK PART and LIST DISK it just only Lists my harddisk,not the removable disk...
when i use HP format tool it says GENERIC MASS STORAGE DEVIEC 1.00(0mb) (G: and when i click format it shows "THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE SPECIFIED DEVICE".....
when i use disk management it shows
DISK 1
Removable disk(G:
bt when i use any usb recovery,formatter,repair tool it says "first u plugin a usb drive and then run the test...
at last i tried to format using cmd/ bt when i given the command it said "insert a disc and then press ENTER again"

can anybody help me with the problem...bcoz its my buddys

m
l
November 22, 2013 9:35:58 PM

@ fatamad : i got exactly the same problem and type of Flash Drive as you are. have u got a solution ? if does, please kindly tell me or send via email : ata_tris@yahoo.com. tq b4
m
l
May 18, 2014 3:00:06 AM

fatamad said:
guys need help immediatly please......

Hey friend did u fix it ...pls if u hav pls mail me...at ssasunique@gmail.com
i hav also made my 16gb hayabusa 0bytes
m
l
May 18, 2014 3:01:59 AM

atax76 said:
@ fatamad : i got exactly the same problem and type of Flash Drive as you are. have u got a solution ? if does, please kindly tell me or send via email : ata_tris@yahoo.com. tq b4

did u fix it,if yes how ... will u pls mail me..mine is also having the same problem

m
l
!