Best overall 1156 motherboard for long term durability.

How does the Asus brand and the Asus P7P55D E Pro (in particular) compare to other 1156 socket mother boards in terms of long term durability. Does Gigabyte, MSI, or Asrock have a better product? Is there a better choice out there for similar cost?

Solution

The E-Pro is the best value and provides the best support for future growth the USB 3.0 and SATA III. The i5 750 will do you well for a year or so depending on if you do heavy gaming. If you aren't a heavy gamer, you'll be set for years to come. If you are wanting a system to last for 3 to 4 years, your best bet is a LGA 1366 build, since they have the...

Hi,
It's hard decide on a board, especially when Asus has dozen models in the P7P55D family of boards alone. I guess what I look for is a consensus view. I'm not the type of person that has to have the lastest and greatest. I should have replaced my PC years ago, but it just keeps chugging along except for a few minor repairs. I want a cpu/motherbord that will last a long time.

tecmo34

Administrator

Point / Post Count Why Else!!! [:mousemonkey:5]

To answer your question, there are no concerns with the stability, durability or quality of ASUS motherboards. They are top of the line... IMO

tecmo34

Administrator

The E-Pro is the best value and provides the best support for future growth the USB 3.0 and SATA III. The i5 750 will do you well for a year or so depending on if you do heavy gaming. If you aren't a heavy gamer, you'll be set for years to come. If you are wanting a system to last for 3 to 4 years, your best bet is a LGA 1366 build, since they have the Hex-cores (6 cores) and as they prices come down, you can upgrade just the CPU and have plenty of horesepower. The i7 930 is a great value but at this point in time, you can't go wrong with the i5 750 (best bang for the buck CPU you can buy... IMO )

You will be happy with the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, if you decide to make the purchase!! :D

Solution
I was showing you that you already made a post about a mobo, and it was answered by 3 people. Why would we say to get a mobo that was not durable ? You think we would tell you to get that mobo because it was a POS ?

You asked

Hi,
I am in the process of selecting components for a new PC. I have settled on the Intel i5-750 for a CPU. The motherboard is still up in the air. I am leaning toward an Asus P7P55D Pro or Evo or E pro. Selecting a best choice out of that line of boards gives me a headache. But the Gigabyte P55-UD4P is also possibility. I’m looking for a mix of performance, value, and long-term durability. I will most likely go with a single graphics card in the $200 range, but would like the SLI/Crossfire feature to better future proof the system. I like the Corsair 650 or 750 watt modular PSU. Can anyone help me select a motherboard in the $150 - 200 neighborhood?

IMO that mobo not only fits your needs but is one of the best mobo for the price.

( Do you need a hammer to get it ) ?

Hi,
No, I don't need a hammer, but a consensus of three isn't much of a consensus. But it will please you to note, that I have made my selection. Thanks

Hi,
I've made my motherboard selection, hold the fanfare....the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro. On a side note, how long do you think it will be for the i7 930 & motherboards to come down in price?

tecmo34

Administrator
Drum Roll Please...

[strike]What did you decide to go with???[/strike]

[:mousemonkey:5]

Edit: Okay... I missed your post saying you went with the E-Pro. :)

I don't see them coming down in price until Q3, when the i7 970 hex-core is released (maybe?). This should drive the price down a little for the CPU. The motherboard will stay the same for a while. If you have a Microcenter near buy, you can get the i7 930 for around $220 the last time I saw. It is a walk in price only.

Hi,
I've seen the Microcenter i7930 deal mentioned before. Unfortunately, the nearest Microcenter (I checked) is a couple of states away. We had a CompUSA nearby, but it disappeared. I'm limited to the internet.