Cooling Recommendation....

knightfarley

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
:ange: CM Hyper 212 EVO in push/pull confrig is not keeping Cpu cooler less than 60c on full load..need a recommendation for liquid cooling..I would like to oc to 4.5ghz or 4.8ghz? I am thinking Zalman liquid cooler CNPS 20 LQ...hum! :eek:

Solution

Yeah I think even if you have to do some modding it will be worth it because you got the H100 for such a good price.
Although Overclock3D sorta liked it in their review here http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/zalman_cnps_20lq_review/6 (linked to comparison chart page) I'm under the impression that there is some subjective reporting there as I see nothing that impresses me as better than the current offerrings in the all-in-one realm. According to the review the noise of the fan on a higher overclocked CPU may drive you out of the room as it did them. Has me wondering if the value is truely there.
If your case supports it and you want more cooling (for higher clocks) with reasonable noise - I'll really recommend looking into a water cooling kit for a bit more $
Just my take here

knightfarley

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Which systems are you referring to....due to internet filters....on the current network I am unable to see the image..

Also, I was able to secure a cosair H100 for $80. I attempted to put it in a CM HAF 912 case as a push/pull assembly attached to top of case but it does not line up and it is hitting 1 of 4 (4ghz) Vengeance memory sticks I have installed. (Is there really any advantage to have 4 (4ghz ) memory sticks install any way?) Should I mod case or make a bracket to suspend it from the top the case or I should just return it and get a Kulher 620 (Antec 25) for $60.

:ouch:

Or..perhaps. Should I pop for a basic water cooler 1 to 2 loop CPU build. Is this even possible and not have purchase a new graphic card that is water cooled as well?

...what are you thoughts about it? :pfff:

I was referring to coolers like the NH D-14 and the thermalright silver arrow ETC...

It would be a shame to return the H100 when you got it for such a good price, according to the below link the H100 will fit with one set of fans, and push/pull with some modding.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h80i-h90-h100-h100i-h110-case-compatibility-thread-page-1-for-full-listings

knightfarley

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thanks...I will make a bracket .....to get it to work! Just was not sure it would be worth the effort!

Yeah I think even if you have to do some modding it will be worth it because you got the H100 for such a good price.

Solution