ufwtwg

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I am trying to install my ecs rc415st-hm motherboard in another case (was originally from Compaq Presario sr 2175x) All i need is the pinouts from the 9 pin front panel connector (pwr, reset, led). I have searched far and near ECS, HP, etc no luck. I can get pictures and drawings but no pinouts. True I could do trial and error, just would rather do it this way. ECS has different pin assignments than ASUS and Gigabyte as I have installed both these MB's in old case and their manuals came with pinouts.

ufwtwg

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Thanks MOSOX, but it appears ECS uses different standard, your suggestion was the same as my ASUS and Gigabyte mobo's. Tried Intel standard and got power up but nothing else.

NeekoTF

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

I just happened to have this motherboard, thought I'd chime in. What aren't you getting exactly? In that computer the only other connections are for HDD and power LED's. The intel pin-outs are correct. The reset was never used in that computer, being a built for HP/compaq board. it might not be enabled as a feature. Make sure your positive for the LED's is towards pin 1 or towards the PCI slot. Hope this helped.

ufwtwg

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Thanx NeekoTF, sounds good to me will give another shot with your directions, sounds like this will do the trick.

foxxyone

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,
reply to ufwtwg
front panel pinout is:
1\ marked as (o) hdd led
2\ pwr led (coloured) wire not white or black
3\ -hdd led
4\ -pwr led
5\ gnd
6\ pwr sw