Bios question on how to check if everything is there on my computer.

spacemaynee

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
first time builder and i got everything connected. turned on the computer and it booted right up to initial boot up screen. than i turned it off from there. just wanted to check if it would turn on and get video. was short on time. also am waiting on an operating system in the mail. but now that i am not short on time i figure i'll check my hardware out to see if everything is detected. and switch it to load to cd drive so it will be ready for the OS.

I've been googling non stop trying to figure out how to check if all my hardware is detected and working properaly in BIOS. can't seem to get a clear answer.

mainly want to check the ram because i made a noob mistake and bought unsupported ram. also bought 1600mhz ram when my mb only supports up to 1333. but i heard it will underclock it to work. i want to see if it will work before i return it. how will i be able to check that in bios?

MB: BIOSTAR A770E3 770/SB710 R
RAM: Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9AD3K2/4G

im basically using the budget gaming amd build that was made on this site. except i swapped out the ram due to the other being either too expensive or sold out.

much appreciated if someone can enlighten me or point me in the right direction.

spacemaynee

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
i went to kingstons site and clicked on my type of ram than i searched my motherboard and the ram i bought was listed for the motherboard.

i guess that means that the ram will work for it.

That should work out ok,
if its on the supplier list chances are its fine,
but to actually test the ram, make sure each stick is working satisfactorily, follow my original advice.
I misunderstood your original post and mistook 'work' for 'function', instead of 'compatible' hehe
Moto