Wait until Fermi released...????

jhoniedanuco

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
hey guys.. i need your opinion.. my dad will buy me a new graphic card next week coz its my birthday.. :kaola: im thinking of ATI HD5870 but Nvidia Fermi is coming maybe next week or two coz i heard its already been delayed.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/14503/nvidia_gtx_470_480_cards_won_t_be_available_at_launch/

is it worth to wait until the Fermi is released and benchmarked..?? or ill buy 5870 coz maybe my dad will change his mind.. :(

anyway sorry for my english.. thank you

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
Depends can you wait? Best thing is the price of the 5870 will drop alittle i just bought one knowing this but i want to play games now not later so im very happy and by the time the fermi comes out i will have alot of fun game time put in!

jhoniedanuco

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
same here.. i want to play game and im so excited. ive already waited to 2 weeks since my dad tell me this if i wait more ati will drop their price ( i hope so) to be competitive with fermi. and i save money.

jhoniedanuco

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

youre right :( thats what i think of. the supply maybe not enough to fill the demand in the market..

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
If you are excited about playing games, and your dad is willing to buy it for you now, I'd just go for it. Sure the prices may drop a little, but they might not. Sure Fermi may be a little faster than the 5870, but it may not. If you are ready and wanting it, and your dad is willing, get it and have fun. There will always be the "things might change next week" with hardware- there is always something new and prices are always changing. There are times to wait, and time to just pull the trigger.

TRENDING THREADS