Need help chosing a cooler for i5-3570k

Hydraathond

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hey guys,

I need dome help chosing a cooler for my i5-3570k, I upgraded my system 2 months ago but my budget did not allow for a decent cooler or case, so i'm buying both now (also I recently bought guild wars 2 and HOLY JESUS that game burns up my computer )
So anyway I dont really know what to look for when chosing a cooler.
Sound production isn't a top priority for me (I have a beamer that will probably make more noise than the cpu cooler).
and I'm panning on doing a little overclocking (nothing extreme) But the cooler will mostly need to compensate for my room temperature (it can get pretty hot after a few hours of gaming with my beamer on)

These are some of the coolers availible in my country:
Cooler Master TPC 800
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Zalman CNPS9900A LED
Noctua NH-C12P SE14
Noctua NH-L12
Zalman CNPS9900 MAX Red
be quiet! Shadow Rock PRO SR1

There are more but again i really don't know what are good brands are what specifics to look for.

Greetings,
Vincent

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
another thing to take into consideration, is what will fit inside of your case. I would like to get a bigger(better) hsf, but alas my ram gets in the way :(

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012

yeah i was looking at that one. i couldnt justify more upgrades at this point. so unless i cut the heat spreader off of the vengeance ram, im stuck :(

she does look like a beauty though. what kind of temps you get with that?

im at 4.7ghz, I get 90c as a high temp when stressing. highest during gaming ive seen, is about 62c.

frenchbread

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
It really all depends on what you wanted to spend. Obviously the Zalman will do a better job at around $70 USD, but for about $30 USD the Hyper 212 Evo is a great value to me. And since you said you were limited in your budget before I feel it's worthy of a recommendation.

I have the same CPU (i5-3570K). I bought the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. I'm pretty pleased with it as it seems well made and is keeping the CPU nice and cool. I intended to do moderate overclocking, however no games (that I'm playing) push the i5 that hard so there hasn't been any point (for me personally) yet. Plus, if I ever do try to over clock it hard I can always add a second fan. If you want to go for value I recommend it. If keeping the budget small isn't a concern then the Zalman will likely have higher performance.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099