PC Boot up Problem,Homebuilt PC, PLZ HELP?!!

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Hi Every1,
I have just set-up my PC, However I cannot get an output from VGA, The screen just goes onto power saving mode. Just can't get anything on the screen.

The Board is an Asus P6TD deluxe with an i7 socket 1366 running an XFX Radeon 4890 with 1GB DDR3 Ram,

The board powers up, fans come on also on the card

On Power up no beeps at all

Im stumped any ideas????

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply,

Checked everything, barebacked it still nothing

Tried resetting jumpers, still nothing,

The only thing thats bugging me is that the small power block for the motherboard, has 8 pins, but 4 were covered up with a black cover, the book says it uses 8, tried it with 8 and 4 no difference.

Please excuse my english, last time I built a system was a Pentium 133!!!!

Its been a long time since Ive done this, its all new right now Sata, what happened to SCSI?

What has happened to grapics cards, it was Matrox and Ati,

The speaker isn't doing anything, the board powers up, fans come on even on the card, hard disk makes noise.

Would I be able to get this far with a dodgy / uncorrectly installed processor?

I have tried other cards, no result

Any more advise would be helpful?!!!?!!!

Regards Scamp

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Just thought of somthing else that might be affecting it,

The hard drive I purchased was second hand its possible there may already be a an operating system on it, would this affect boot up?

After what point of testing would you say the motherboards faulty?

SakSak

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
You said

"On Power up no beeps at all "

Are you sure you even have a system speaker? Not all motherboards and/or cases come with one as default.

I admit I don't know if Asus P6TD deluxe comes with one or not.

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
HI There, update time,

The board doesn't have one on-board I took mine out of my tower and connected to the board. Its probably looking like a faulty processor at the moment, got someone coming over to help me out....

LED lights come on cpu fan spins then stops, hard rive makes some kinda noise, graphics card fan powers up,
Cleared the cmos still nothing

scampy_008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Ive sent the cpu to my local computer shop to get it tested,

The Board is an Asus P6TD deluxe with an intel i7 920 socket 1366 running an a basic graphics card, 200gb hardrive, sony dvd rw, 1gb ddr3 ram, sata connections. Lg 23" Screen

Ive been testing a few different set-ups now,

I know its either the board or the cpu, everything alse has been tested on other set-ups and is working.

Devam

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

bro this isnt a big problem all you had to do was to install your ram properly i mean when you installed it did the side brackets close by it self it even happened with me