Video cards for laptops and designing graphics

I am looking for a mid range laptop computer that I can design graphics using various programs. I design posters with mixed photos and graphics. From what I understand I need a dedicated video card. I don't want to be tied to a desk and I don't want a Mac.
1 answer Last reply
More about video cards laptops designing graphics
  1. If you are not gaming and just looking at graphics design, really anything other than the integrated graphics would be fine. I would make sure you have a decent amount of RAM, a 64-bit OS, a higher resolution display, and enough disk space to suit your needs.

The below link actually looks like a sweet deal. I'd buy it. You take the base model and upgrade to the 500GB drive +$50, upgrade to 4GB RAM free, and enter the coupon code. $900 for that is a good deal. It has an Nvidia 320M for your graphics and an i7 mobile chip. For $9 I'd also get the factory recovery disks, it's always a safe play in case you ever have to reload.

http://www.dealcatcher.com/laptops/hp-pavilion-dv7t-17-3-laptop-with-core-i7-cpu-4gb-320gb-win-7-home-premium-64-bit
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Graphics