Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help w/ CPU-Z

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 19, 2013 3:00:57 PM

Hey guys, for some reason I am stuck at an overclock of 3.7GHz. I am stable on prime95 but as soon as I up anything in the slightest I get a BSOD either immediately or in about 5minutes, I was wondering what your suggestions are for me to get more out of this OC as you guys are much more experienced.

Thanks in Advance!

More about : cpu

a b à CPUs
a c 126 K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 3:34:17 PM

Hi,

Have you tried lowering your RAM speed with a different FSB : DRAM ratio and then upping the CPU Multiplier to 19 with a slight voltage increase?
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 4:35:16 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi,

Have you tried lowering your RAM speed with a different FSB : DRAM ratio and then upping the CPU Multiplier to 19 with a slight voltage increase?


I have not done this no. By RAM speed you mean what exactly? Sorry, I don't know what my "RAM speed" is currently at... I assume this is referring to the ddr3 1600 etc, you mean lower to like 1333? How should I configure my FSB : DRAM ratio do you think?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a c 126 K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 4:46:00 PM

cctaylor88 said:
I have not done this no. By RAM speed you mean what exactly? Sorry, I don't know what my "RAM speed" is currently at... I assume this is referring to the ddr3 1600 etc, you mean lower to like 1333? How should I configure my FSB : DRAM ratio do you think?


Yeah your're running at ~1600Mhz at the moment (you can see this in the image you posted with CPU-Z under the memory tab) if you lower the RAM using a different FSB : DRAM ratio we can rule out the RAM as a possible cause for the issue your having, something like 1333Mhz would be fine.
Sorry I can't remember what ratio options you'll have.
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 4:56:01 PM

Okay so I should lower it to 1333 and go from there, I wouldnt know what to do with my fsb/dram ratio thought...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a c 126 K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 5:01:34 PM

cctaylor88 said:
Okay so I should lower it to 1333 and go from there, I wouldnt know what to do with my fsb/dram ratio thought...

Yeah just lower the RAM speed to 1333Mhz, try a 19x multi and slightly higher Vcore if it's needed, watch the temps though, you don't want to be going over 62C.
m
0
l
!