Help w/ CPU-Z

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hey guys, for some reason I am stuck at an overclock of 3.7GHz. I am stable on prime95 but as soon as I up anything in the slightest I get a BSOD either immediately or in about 5minutes, I was wondering what your suggestions are for me to get more out of this OC as you guys are much more experienced.

Thanks in Advance!

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

I have not done this no. By RAM speed you mean what exactly? Sorry, I don't know what my "RAM speed" is currently at... I assume this is referring to the ddr3 1600 etc, you mean lower to like 1333? How should I configure my FSB : DRAM ratio do you think?

Yeah your're running at ~1600Mhz at the moment (you can see this in the image you posted with CPU-Z under the memory tab) if you lower the RAM using a different FSB : DRAM ratio we can rule out the RAM as a possible cause for the issue your having, something like 1333Mhz would be fine.
Sorry I can't remember what ratio options you'll have.

Yeah just lower the RAM speed to 1333Mhz, try a 19x multi and slightly higher Vcore if it's needed, watch the temps though, you don't want to be going over 62C.