How high do you think i could get this GPU?

Sapphire 7950 vapor x w/ boost? With boost it is 950, how high do you think it would go in this case?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003OESTP2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
3 answers Last reply
More about high
  1. Hi,

The cooler on the card is excellent and the case has good airflow so temps shouldn't be an issue, but you could have a chip that doesn't overclock well (of course you could have a chip that does overclock well), it's just luck of the draw to be honest.

Most HD7950's will do 1150/1450 quite easily with a fairly small voltage increase, others will continue onto ~1300/1700 with a hefty voltage bump if your lucky.

I would recommend staying below 1.25V and 85C under load for 24/7 use.
  2. Rustyy117 said:
    Hi,

The cooler on the card is excellent and the case has good airflow so temps shouldn't be an issue, but you could have a chip that doesn't overclock well (of course you could have a chip that does overclock well), it's just luck of the draw to be honest.

Most HD7950's will do 1150/1450 quite easily with a fairly small voltage increase, others will continue onto ~1300/1700 with a hefty voltage bump if your lucky.

I would recommend staying below 1.25V and 85C under load for 24/7 use.

Hey im new to this and was just wondering what would happen if i put the voltage up too high? Could i break it?
  3. myuserok said:
    Hey im new to this and was just wondering what would happen if i put the voltage up too high? Could i break it?

Yes, too much voltage will kill the card. Like I said before, stay below 1.25V for 24/7 use.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Cases Sapphire Overclocking