X-fi Xtremegamer card no sound

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I have no sound coming out of my speakers, i go to my control panel and i see my speakers are not plugged in... However they are tho... I look under Device manager and i see "creative x-fi audio processor (WDM)" with a yellow triangle next to it. Now all i did was restart my computer for this problem to arise i did have sound before the restart. Now i don't... its weird this card is a pain in the ass and none of the drivers seem to work since vista. I even downloaded the X64bit drive for win 7 and it said i need to upgrade to win 7, which is weird because im holding the OEM 64bit cd in my hand and scratching me head. BTW i uninstalled and reinstalled.... I remove the drives from device Manager, and on top of that i let windows try to find the drive and nothing at all.. im getting frustrated with this card. I think a reformat would solve it but i dont want to unless i have to... any help fromt he gurus would greatly help TY all

Blckhaze

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Driver for vista/7/xp
http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10969

Auto update program on the bottom of this page:
http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=sound+blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamer#Manualselection

Make sure onboard audio is STILL disabled/off

Try putting the card into a different slot and booting to windows and see if it detects the card then, and then put the card back into the original slot.. As I had to do this with a defected soundblaster awhile back before I RMA'd it.

You can try a system restore, as adding the driver probably created a restore point. (before you ever rebooted I would think)

Also, try installing only the features that you need and not the ones you'll never use. Or install them in a different order. Even though that makes no sense, thats what I had to do to get my fatal1ty champion to work.

Theres alot of complaints on creative right now, because of these things

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I have uninstalled all the Creative Junk and i am only installing the Driver and PID_W7PCAPP_US_2_11_01.exe,,, btw when i install that it says i need to upgrade to windows 7 and im like..... wtf? Yeah it was dumb with vista i didnt have a console launcher at all its so stupid. Im about to use the Gigabyte on board audio...

Blckhaze

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Just install the autoupdate and let it go through its long process.

I had the same problem with a file that said I needed to upgrade to windows 7, WHILE I was on windows 7. Sounds like you're seeing the same thing on the same or similar install file. I ended up uninstalling every file that I had downloaded.. and then installing ONLY the driver and the autoupdate. After that I let the autoupdate do -everything- else.

Also, some programs play through 3.5mm jacks even if I have optical out as default. So there are still driver issues there. Ended up having to buy appropriate wiring to use the 4 3.5mm jacks into a receiver.

Hope my problems and fixes help you with your similar situation.

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
ok so get this i fixed this problem by uninstalling every file in my add/remove program folder.... And i took the Original CD that came with the Card from 2007 and installed the CD Not the media Source. The installation froze my computer when it was 68% done and was installing Media Samples.. So i restarted my computer... and Bing sound. I didnt update any drivers and i dont think i will... WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS! Jesus... that retarded is Creative for not properly supporting their consumers who buy their products for a card thats 70+ dollars... anyways GL i hope this thread helps others too.