HD7950 small voltage increase cause flicker

HI guys.

OK just got my second HD7950 Sapphire Dual-X OC.

I have this strange issue though. My first one is OCd too 1180MHz with a slight voltage bump. Now I am trying to match these two cards up but for some reason even the smallest increase in voltage via MSI afterburner is causing a flicker on my screen even in Chrome. Now this is concerning, I have not attempted to game with a small voltage increase, do not wanna take the chance.

Anyone seen this before???

I have removed the first card and tried just the one to see if it has any effect, no difference...

Oh and my specs are in my signature. Crosair TX650 v2 PSU.

Solution
Hi,

I get the same flicker with my HD7950 (MSI OC), if I change the frequency I get flickering in chrome, but also in other programs.
It's fine in games though.

Have you tried it with another overclocking utility like Sapphire Trixx?
Hi,

I get the same flicker with my HD7950 (MSI OC), if I change the frequency I get flickering in chrome, but also in other programs.
It's fine in games though.

Have you tried it with another overclocking utility like Sapphire Trixx?

Solution

I thought Trixx could not increase voltage?

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Possibly related: My HD5870 idles at 157/300MHz for core/mem with a single screen, and 400/900MHz with two screens. However, if overclocked, the card will idle at 157/300MHz with two screens and cause flickering. I also notice flickering when the clock speeds change (most likely memory).

LOL try a different OC tool it seems.