Sign in with
Your question

Asrock extreme 3 770 motherboard not booting

Last response: in Motherboards
December 11, 2010 9:26:07 AM

Hello, ok this is my first build i have a friend that built pc before to help me and just my look the MoBo won't boot im hoping i don't have to send it back we used the little speaker thing , and the first time it beeped 3 times then we did something like move the 2 sticks and then it beeped 6 times. please tell me this motherboard is not DOA!
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 11, 2010 10:27:42 AM

Please list your system specs: cpu, ram, power supply, and video card. Your power supply may not be up to the task, or the motherboard may need a bios flash for your cpu. Save the bios flash for last, or you could end up with a dead board.
m
l
December 11, 2010 3:47:46 PM

Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply

ECS NGTX460-1GPI-F1 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

WINTEC AMPX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AXH1333C9WS4GK

AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGIBOX

:(  please help
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 11, 2010 4:08:34 PM

Reseat your power supply connections, and try just one stick of ram. If it posts, change the boot order to cd>hardrive, save and exit, and proceed with the windows installation. After windows is installed, you can test the other stick of ram using memtest, a free download. If it still won't post, take the board out of the case, and do a bare post on a phonebook or the box the board came in. Just the power supply connections, video, cpu/heatsink, one stick of ram, and keyboard. Touch the power switch pins with a screwdriver until it fires up. And if it works, same advice: install windows with just the one stick of ram. All the pins in the power switch cluster are low voltage; you can't hurt anything using only the power led, reset, hardrive led, and power switch leads. Once you get the power switch lead installed, you can save the rest for later.
m
l
!