Sign in with
Your question

2010 Ultimate Gaming System

Last response: in Systems
April 4, 2010 1:07:03 PM

Hi I'm buildig my new system need some advice for Mobo and GPUs...

Purpose: Gaming, multimedia and maybe some home video editing...

Its a water chilled system consisting of:

2233rz Samsung monitor with nvidia 3d glasss ( will get another 2 of monitors en 3d surround is out)

Case: Corsair obsidian 800D with Fesser triple 120 radiator 655 pump 1/2" piping and some fesser fans and pipes, Primochill Typhoon III Reservoir System w/ Pump Mount - PEC (RES-T3-PEC) New Revision!, Apoge XT water block) Zalman MFC3 fan contoler, Aero cool FP-01, plextor blue-ray writter 16x )

CPU: i7-980X extreme

RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 16000

HDDs: Crucial RealSSD 256mb SATA: 3.0 , WD black Caviar (FALS) 1.0tb

and for MOBO and GPUs im thinking 2x gtx480 from EVGA FTW ones and Asus Rampage 3 extreme mobo...

Tell me what You think, any other recomendations on mobo and GPU...

EA

Edit: PSU: PC Power & Cooling turbo cool 1200w ( damn, this thing is noisy (annoying), any ideas how to change the fan for less noise? )

April 5, 2010 4:42:41 AM

I honestly hope that the guy who built that computer is a millionaire. Otherwise he's basically a retard.

He's got the 980X extreme a $1,100 CPU and look at the clothes on his kids and wife. The family is definitely not millionaires. I doubt that guy has even $50,000 saved in the bank. Even if he did that would be 2% percent of his wealth in one CPU.

I read his parts list an his computer is going to cost at least $4,000

This guys probably got nothing saved up for his kids college, paid for his PC with a credit card, and will have to refinanced his house and used his equity to pay-off this PC.

Related resources
April 5, 2010 6:29:18 AM

noobz1lla said:
I honestly hope that the guy who built that computer is a millionaire. Otherwise he's basically a retard.

He's got the 980X extreme a $1,100 CPU and look at the clothes on his kids and wife. The family is definitely not millionaires. I doubt that guy has even $50,000 saved in the bank. Even if he did that would be 2% percent of his wealth in one CPU.

I read his parts list an his computer is going to cost at least $4,000

This guys probably got nothing saved up for his kids college, paid for his PC with a credit card, and will have to refinanced his house and used his equity to pay-off this PC.

Bolas said:
Well... I got a bachelor's degree in engineering, some work experience, and then a master's degree in engineering from a top ten school.

Then, I saved up five years gross salary (not net) for retirement, so that I would be covered when I'm old instead of eating cat food and living off the non-existent social security.

Then I saved for two years to get a dream computer system.

So basically, if you are in high school, it'll be a while. But that's how you do it. Cover your long term investments first, have money to spend by getting a good education and a good job. It takes hard work and patience.

Oh, I also forgot to say.... make sure your wife's wishes are covered first, or you'll get too much heartache when you spend that kind of money on yourself. We've spent about four times that much on her stuff -- vacations, decorating the house, and so on. My turn now.

The quicker way to do it is to start a business and work hard at it for about ten years. You have to love what you do, work long hours for next to nothing for several years, hire the right people, and have a solid business plan, but at the end, you will be rich if you did it right and you could potentially get a dream system in five to ten years after school instead of 20 or more years.

Hope that helped.

-Bolas

Yea......
April 5, 2010 12:07:42 PM

Hey guys, lets get back to the topic.
I need advice on Motherboard and GPUs... x58a-ud7 from gigabyte will not do it... since I'm usin SLI configuration with SATA 3:0 HDD and as far as I know the motherboard shares LANES from PCI for USB3.0 and SATA 3.0.

And my PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200w PSU is damn annoying noisy... any ideas how to replace the fan with a less annoying one ?
April 5, 2010 7:02:26 PM

It's just that kind of purchase seems kind of selfish to me. How can you justify a thousand dollar processor if you're not using it to make money. I could see if you edited videos for a living or something.
!