BEST OPTIONS

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I want to say this is my first PC and I would like watercooling. I may not build this myself. So, as water cooling seems really confusing to me I will list my parts below and what parts I though I should buy, and was hoping someone could suggest something. I don't now if these parts are compatible. Also, I will be purchasing these parts from www.pccasegear.com
On another note, should I get 2x7970's as heat will not be a problem, or cut bit on water cooling and get gtx 680's?
CPU: i7 3770k
GPU: Galaxy GTX 670x2
Case: NZXT Switch 810
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
Rad: 1x XSPC RX360, 1xRX240
Pump: Koolance PMP-500
Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Red 1/2ID 3/4OD 10ft
As I stated, I am not sure which fittings I will need and if I should have 2 loops or 1. My build all together comes to $2740 (without the water cooling), so that leaves me with a $760 budget.

Thanks in advance

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Sorry, forgot to mention what fans should I buy I was thinking Bitfenix Spectre Pro Red tint. I would need 8 for some case fans too, so my budget would be decreased to $625.

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Hi,
Yes I did read through that, but am still asking for people's personal experience. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Lutfij

Titan
$760 is a very good budget to play around with a blingy watercooling setup. However from the look of your OP, you haven't determined the TDP of your components.

2 loops or 1 - in the sticky
Which fittings to go for? well it all about the look of your build and ofc there's the budget. While also maintaining the proper ID and OD of your tubes+fittings.
Regarding GPU's beware that non reference cards are a PITA to find FC blocks(if that is your intention to proceed) otherwise you could use universal blocks for them.

I'll agree with the prev posters to head down to the sticky. Read it a couple of times and you'll hear it click into place in your mind :)