AfterTheUndead

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
My psu only has 6-pin connectors but a few of my components only have 4-pin connectors. the last time i used a 4-pin to 6-pin connector it shorted my motherboard, so im hesitant to try this again... is it gonna be ok to use one of these (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812887001&cm_re=4-pin_molex_to_6-pin-_-12-887-001-_-Product) to connect a water cooling system, a case light, etc. directly to my psu?

Solution
Did you throw some of the cables away? According to Newegg you should have the following connectors.

1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V(4/8Pin)
6 x 4Pin EZ Grip Molex
2 x 4Pin Floppy
6 x SATA
2 x PCI Express

So there it says you have the 20+4 pin main power connector and a 4/8 pin 12V power.
You should also have the 6 molex connectors - these are the flat black 4 pin connectors. If you didn't receive any, you need to contact sunbeam to get some, or return the power supply to newegg.
WOAH! You dont go from a PCI-E connector to a molex connector, all of the adapters are designed to take two molex connectors and turn them into a PCI-E connector not vice versa. A molex connector carries both 12V and 5V a PCI-E connector only carries 12V. What PSU do you have? I have never seen a PSU that didnt have enough 4 pin molex connectors, if you really do need more you can use a Y splitter on the ones that you do have and connect them to various items
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198025&cm_re=molex_y_splitter-_-12-198-025-_-Product

That adapter if from Molex (you don't have any) to 6-pin. According to the specs, that PSU includes 6 x 4Pin EZ Grip Molex. If the cables are missing, you should contact Sunbean.

jfreggie

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Did you throw some of the cables away? According to Newegg you should have the following connectors.

1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V(4/8Pin)
6 x 4Pin EZ Grip Molex
2 x 4Pin Floppy
6 x SATA
2 x PCI Express

So there it says you have the 20+4 pin main power connector and a 4/8 pin 12V power.
You should also have the 6 molex connectors - these are the flat black 4 pin connectors. If you didn't receive any, you need to contact sunbeam to get some, or return the power supply to newegg.

Solution

AfterTheUndead

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

sry, one more question. those molex connectors are like 4 different connectors on 1 cable that plugs into the psu. is it ok to just use 1 of those and leave the others unused?