New to WC (Yes, the name of every other thread here)

iiDeadSeriousii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
After looking through the sticky I have decided to go with a basic first time all in one kit.

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/watercooling-kits/x2o-750-watercooling-kits/raystorm-750-rx240-watercooling-kit/

That's what I was considering.

I currently have a Coolermaster HAF 922 case and I'm trying to use this for an i7 3770k and two EVGA GTX 680's. Currently I only have one with a waterblock, so the 2nd will happen within a month or so of installation.

I have 0 experience in this and have been reading How-To-Guides and watching youtube tutorials for about a week now. My main question is does the kit I linked include EVERYTHING I would need for the CPU and 2 GPU cards? What is missing? I think the installation part from what I've been seeing/reading won't be extremely difficult, I'm just concerned that this won't have everything I need.

The only thing I can think of is obviously the distilled, some extra tubing, and some more fittings for the cards. But I'm not sure exactly. Thanks for the help guys.

Hi,

That RX240 will struggle with your CPU and two GTX680's, you may want to consider buying a thick 120.1 rad and mounting it in the floor (seen this done a few times in the 922).

You'll obviously need waterblocks for the cards, extra fittings, angled fittings (plan your loop out and decide if you'll need any) extra clips for the extra barbs, distilled water, kill coil, extra tubing and I would personally swap out the included fans for some gentle typhoon 1850's. (or silimar)

Think that's about it.

iiDeadSeriousii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Do they sell an AIO kit with a 120.1 included? Or would I have to buy everything separately? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for my first build and I don't want to end up buying the wrong things.

I realize that the all-in-one kits won't include extra fittings etc. for the two GPU's, but I'd rather get a really good starting point.

Just buy the 120.1 and extra bits you need separately, something like the EK CoolStream XTX radiator would be a good choice.

Buy that kit and a 360 rad or a thick 240, you will need the extra radspace for two cards and I prefer a 360+240 set up for Cpu/2xGpu loops
everything is in the kit except distilled water and a silver killcoil,
These aren't allinone kits btw, aio's are how we refer to Corsair H100's and things like it, sealed loop kits, you are buying a real W/c loop in kit form (plus the extra bits mentioned)
Moto

iiDeadSeriousii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
EDIT: I didn't see your response before Motopsychojdn. So you guys are saying, get this kit in my original link, and add a 360 radiator (most likely on bottom of case) just for the GPU's right? Along with all the extra barbs, fittings, hoses, etc.

Does XSPC or someone else offer a kit like the one I linked with but with a stronger pump? Everywhere I'm reading is saying I'll probably need to switch out that pump right away, and I'd rather not do that later.

Have everything in one loop, rather than two separate loops.

Moto is also correct, even more radiator would be ideal, I just don't know where you'd install an extra 240 or 360 rad without some heavy modification to the case or mounting one of the rads externally.

I run three blocks and three rads on two of those pumps myself but the second one is mainly to keep flowrate up as two of the rads are in an external radbox with about 7 feet of tubing between the main Pc and box,
if its all in/on your case then one pump will do fine, but if you want a better pump, google the Xspc raystorm kits they come with a D5 pump
Moto

iiDeadSeriousii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Ok, this isn't looking as bad as I initially thought.

-XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 kit (This one comes with the D5 pump you mentioned Moto)
■http://shop.xs-pc.com/xsp/XSPC-RayStorm-D5-EX240-WaterCooling-Kit_31714.html

- The kit comes with everything I'd need to start my CPU I think, so I would need a bridge barb for the 2nd card if I use the same Hydro Copper WB correct?

-I'll measure out the bottom of my case and see if I can fit a 240 by the PSU. If not I'll go with a thick 140. So my two candidates are:
■http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-xtc-series/ek-coolstream-rad-xtc-140.html

■http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-rad-xt-240.html

EDIT: I do not know how to size the barbs for the the tube that comes included in the kit. The wasn't too helpful in this. The tubing is 7/16" x 5/8". So what size barbs or compressions would I need?

-More tubing if enough isn't provided in the kit

-Possibly switch out the fans (I'll wait to see how these perform and do that down the line)

Anything I'm missing now?

-XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 kit (This one comes with the D5 pump you mentioned Moto)
■http://shop.xs-pc.com/xsp/XSPC-RayStorm-D5-EX240-WaterCooling-Kit_31714.html

- The kit comes with everything I'd need to start my CPU I think, so I would need a bridge barb for the 2nd card if I use the same Hydro Copper WB correct?

Yep, your CPU is GTG with that kit. Just throw in the extra rad and GPU blocks (plus the extra fittings).

You can use a bridge if you want, though I have done it the cheap way and gone with fittings + short tubing. Either way will work.

EDIT: I do not know how to size the barbs for the the tube that comes included in the kit. The wasn't too helpful in this. The tubing is 7/16" x 5/8". So what size barbs or compressions would I need?

7/16" is the inner diameter (ID)
5/8" is the outer diameter (OD)

So the barbs you get will need to be 7/16" ID pair with clamps that can fit 5/8" OD; compression fittings will need to be exactly those ID/OD so they seal properly.

-More tubing if enough isn't provided in the kit
You shouldn't need more than a 10 ft. pack. If you have to buy more tubing outside of the kit, you may as well replace all of it with something nicer (Primochill LRT is good stuff)