Sign in with
Your question

Computer constant reboots/hangs

Last response: in Systems
April 4, 2010 6:45:51 PM

My computer will turn on and load into windows then restart.

Computer worked about a month ago, there was a surge that fried my power supply and my motherboard so I replaced both those parts.

After hooking up the new motherboard and the new power supply, I was able to load everything fine. Install W7 and use the computer normally. I was able to use the computer normally for around 2 hours before the constant hangs and reboots started up now it wont even last 5mins. The system will POST and I can go into the BIOS and change several settings. Once I go into Windows however the monitors will turn off and the fans/leds will remain on but the case button no longer reboots the system and it just sits there till I turn off the PSU. Half the times the monitors will turn off and the system will reboot as if I had just started the computer. I tried running MemTest but the PC will reboot during the MemTest. I have 2 sticks so I tried changing them around to the closest slot to the CPU. But the computer still hangs.

Another note, I have to unplug the power supply from the power once it hangs because if I just turn off the power supply with the button on the back of the PSU and turn it back on, the system will automatically start back up.

The motherboard did not come with a speaker and my case does not have one.

CPU: AMD 5600+ Brisbane
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3
RAM:o CZ Dual Channel 2GB/1GB sticks, 800MHz, 5-5-5-15, 1.8v
CPU cooler is stock
Video Card: EVGA 8800 GS
Power Supply: OCZ GamerXStream 600W
a b V Motherboard
April 13, 2010 9:34:12 AM

Hmmm... are you still plugging the repaired computer into the same power plug?
m
l
!