Fermi fail continues, more delays while ATI provides hope for gamers.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
while nvidia stumble from release failure to the next one http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-fermi,9904.html

ati provides http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/16/amds_ati_103a_catalyst_driver_update

Aliens vs. Predator

* Overall performance increases 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Battleforge

* Improves up to 8% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

* Improves up to 3% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Call of Duty: World at War

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

* Improves up to 6% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Company of Heroes

* Improves up to 6% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Crysis and Crysis Warhead

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

DiRT 2

* Improves up to 30% on ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

* Improves up to 10% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Far Cry 2

* Improves up to 4% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Clear Sky

* Improves up to 2% with ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products

Resident Evil 5

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.

* Improves up to 15% with ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

World in Conflict

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products

* Improves up to 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Note: This list is not exhaustive and more improvements are possible

lets keep it easy guys, Fermi Fails and ATI is Awesome.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
before anybody accuses me of something, i'm just reporting links on this website and another. would you rather not know???

randomizer

Champion
Not exactly an impressive list of improvements. "Up to" usually means "with our specific hardware and software configuration with particular graphics settings in a specific part of the game." If you get even 1/3 of the improvement stated you're doing well. The fact that AvP was listed differently is interesting though. Perhaps they did manage ~5% in unspecific conditions for that game.

It's nice to see Fermi available in Q1... oh wait.

AMW1011

Distinguished
I desperately want to see some new DiRT 2 benchmarks, is that 20% with tessellation!?

Regardless, a week isn't going to sink Fermi as long as it delivers performance wise.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
i know its just a week but jesus how much longer are we gonna wait for this card?

people here are talking about it like its gonna be available this week and it isnt! its in such tiny numbers that sure its in huge demand but nobody here will be able to get one.

people like me were waiting in november and december and even in january before we realised this is taking the piss to extremities. they are doing it again and very few people will own one of these cards. it annoys me to think i waited so long before buying my 5770, waiting on this mythical card and having my 8800gt get killed by the 196.75 drivers because of it.

dont wait on this card because the chance of you having one this month or next = nil.

andyKCIUK

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Well, I used to be a nVidia fanboy. I even started a thread called "Why ATI sucks so much" some good time ago... Obviously not everyone agreed with me that time and I got some serious bashing here. As it turned out, all I had to do was to install D3Doverrider to solve my problems with vsync in BF2. I've been a happy man since then. F**k fanboism of any sort.

There is no doubt that ATI's winning the battle now and Fermi or whatever it's called sucks badly... I couldn't care less though, as I'm going to stick with my 4850 for a while due to the recession.

I know my post is rather pointless, I had eight cans of lager so far and I thought I'll chime in and practice my English a bit...
Best of luck with your thread, dude. I'm opening another can of lager now... :D

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

tomshardware hadnt posted the latest fermi news then?

i apologise for not seeing the catalyst post - i just linked them together because i read about them same time, ie in the last 10 minutes.

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007

+10000

I used to be the same always buying Nvidia cards until they started rehashing the crap out of there lineup and charging up the ass for it! Now ATI is whooping there ass becuase they sat on it for soo long. Remember when all everyone would say is how Nvidia was sooo great i bet noone knew this was coming.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Ughhh... ATI owners get a driver like this while Nvidia owners get drivers that remove options from the Nvidia control panel that are required in order to play some Opengl games w/o crashing... and this happens after i buy the Chronicles of Riddick AODA which, you guessed it, uses opengl :fou:

AMW1011

Distinguished

It's as I said before, ATI was likely stock piling 5970s for the GTX 4xx launch. Its a bit of an a$$ hole thing to do for those who wanted one, but this is how these corporations play.

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005
Let the battle rage!
I'd be a little more comfortable knowing they're taking extra time especially since the driver fiasco a couple weeks back that fried out a few hundred plus video cards that people are waiting out RMA approvals to see what Nvidia's going to do about that.
Nvidia must have their hands full.

witcherx

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

:p do we have a republican here?

witcherx

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

oops did it really happen to you.. i tot it was jst some kinda rumour.. :s

TRENDING THREADS