Sign in with
Your question

Fermi fail continues, more delays while ATI provides hope for gamers.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • ATI
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 17, 2010 12:19:03 AM

while nvidia stumble from release failure to the next one http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-fer...

ati provides http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/16/amds_ati_103a...

Quote:
Aliens vs. Predator

* Overall performance increases 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Battleforge

* Improves up to 8% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

* Improves up to 3% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Call of Duty: World at War

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

* Improves up to 6% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Company of Heroes

* Improves up to 6% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Crysis and Crysis Warhead

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

DiRT 2

* Improves up to 30% on ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

* Improves up to 10% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Far Cry 2

* Improves up to 4% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Clear Sky

* Improves up to 2% with ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 2% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products

Resident Evil 5

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.

* Improves up to 15% with ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphics products

* Improves up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

World in Conflict

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products

* Improves up to 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series products

* Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series products

Note: This list is not exhaustive and more improvements are possible

lets keep it easy guys, Fermi Fails and ATI is Awesome.

More about : fermi fail continues delays ati hope gamers

March 17, 2010 12:20:38 AM

before anybody accuses me of something, i'm just reporting links on this website and another. would you rather not know???
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 12:27:57 AM

Not exactly an impressive list of improvements. "Up to" usually means "with our specific hardware and software configuration with particular graphics settings in a specific part of the game." If you get even 1/3 of the improvement stated you're doing well. The fact that AvP was listed differently is interesting though. Perhaps they did manage ~5% in unspecific conditions for that game.

It's nice to see Fermi available in Q1... oh wait.
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 12:28:13 AM

I desperately want to see some new DiRT 2 benchmarks, is that 20% with tessellation!?

Regardless, a week isn't going to sink Fermi as long as it delivers performance wise.
a c 130 U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 12:32:37 AM

It's not the fact that we have to wait another week, it's the fact that Fermi was delayed again. Fans are getting tired, I mean, it's been about 6.5 months since the HD5K release.
March 17, 2010 12:34:52 AM

i know its just a week but jesus how much longer are we gonna wait for this card?

people here are talking about it like its gonna be available this week and it isnt! its in such tiny numbers that sure its in huge demand but nobody here will be able to get one.

people like me were waiting in november and december and even in january before we realised this is taking the piss to extremities. they are doing it again and very few people will own one of these cards. it annoys me to think i waited so long before buying my 5770, waiting on this mythical card and having my 8800gt get killed by the 196.75 drivers because of it.

dont wait on this card because the chance of you having one this month or next = nil.
March 17, 2010 12:35:55 AM

Well, I used to be a nVidia fanboy. I even started a thread called "Why ATI sucks so much" some good time ago... Obviously not everyone agreed with me that time and I got some serious bashing here. As it turned out, all I had to do was to install D3Doverrider to solve my problems with vsync in BF2. I've been a happy man since then. F**k fanboism of any sort.

There is no doubt that ATI's winning the battle now and Fermi or whatever it's called sucks badly... I couldn't care less though, as I'm going to stick with my 4850 for a while due to the recession.

I know my post is rather pointless, I had eight cans of lager so far and I thought I'll chime in and practice my English a bit...
Best of luck with your thread, dude. I'm opening another can of lager now... :D 
March 17, 2010 12:39:38 AM

lol andy your english is better than mine after 8 cans. :D 
March 17, 2010 12:49:23 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Where have I seen this before? :heink:  , Oh right here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=33&post=283944&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0 when it was posted four hours ago, without the anti Nvidia spin.

tomshardware hadnt posted the latest fermi news then?

i apologise for not seeing the catalyst post - i just linked them together because i read about them same time, ie in the last 10 minutes.
a c 236 U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:23:29 AM

wake me when Nvidia launches their $100-200 cards, I could care less about their high end stuff.
March 17, 2010 1:35:22 AM

that open box one for $460 must be tempting to somebody.
March 17, 2010 2:43:51 AM

andyKCIUK said:
Well, I used to be a nVidia fanboy. I even started a thread called "Why ATI sucks so much" some good time ago... Obviously not everyone agreed with me that time and I got some serious bashing here. As it turned out, all I had to do was to install D3Doverrider to solve my problems with vsync in BF2. I've been a happy man since then. F**k fanboism of any sort.

There is no doubt that ATI's winning the battle now and Fermi or whatever it's called sucks badly... I couldn't care less though, as I'm going to stick with my 4850 for a while due to the recession.

I know my post is rather pointless, I had eight cans of lager so far and I thought I'll chime in and practice my English a bit...
Best of luck with your thread, dude. I'm opening another can of lager now... :D 

+10000

I used to be the same always buying Nvidia cards until they started rehashing the crap out of there lineup and charging up the ass for it! Now ATI is whooping there ass becuase they sat on it for soo long. Remember when all everyone would say is how Nvidia was sooo great i bet noone knew this was coming.

a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 2:47:34 AM

That driver does look interesting. I might have to finally ditch 9.12 HF assuming they didn't screw something else up to ruin all those great gains. This week please!
March 17, 2010 2:53:53 AM

Ughhh... ATI owners get a driver like this while Nvidia owners get drivers that remove options from the Nvidia control panel that are required in order to play some Opengl games w/o crashing... and this happens after i buy the Chronicles of Riddick AODA which, you guessed it, uses opengl :fou: 
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 2:57:34 AM

Don't worry, ATI usually finds a way to mess up their final drivers too :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 3:27:19 AM

'Ati delivers hope to gamers' ?

You didn't happen to be part of Obama's election campain were you ?

A little over dramatic are we.
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 9:35:49 AM

notty22 said:
5970's in stock at newegg.
First time I've ever seen this paper giant in stock there.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

It's as I said before, ATI was likely stock piling 5970s for the GTX 4xx launch. Its a bit of an a$$ hole thing to do for those who wanted one, but this is how these corporations play.
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 9:53:16 AM

Let the battle rage!
I'd be a little more comfortable knowing they're taking extra time especially since the driver fiasco a couple weeks back that fried out a few hundred plus video cards that people are waiting out RMA approvals to see what Nvidia's going to do about that.
Nvidia must have their hands full.
a c 107 U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 2:17:29 PM

:non:  Don't feed the Trolls
March 17, 2010 3:48:25 PM

Annisman said:
'Ati delivers hope to gamers' ?

You didn't happen to be part of Obama's election campain were you ?

A little over dramatic are we.

:p  do we have a republican here?
March 17, 2010 3:52:27 PM

nfail said:
my 8800gt get killed by the 196.75 drivers because of it.

oops did it really happen to you.. i tot it was jst some kinda rumour.. :s
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 4:02:50 PM

No, it was quite real. Just not extremely common.
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 5:28:40 PM

AMW1011 said:
Regardless, a week isn't going to sink Fermi as long as it delivers performance wise.

No, but the price will.
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 5:59:55 PM

witcherx said:
:p  do we have a republican here?

No, rebublicans are almost as bad.

I am a proud Conservative thank you. :) 
March 18, 2010 3:38:29 AM

Annisman said:
No, rebublicans are almost as bad.

I am a proud Conservative thank you. :) 

:)